Marketing & Promotions Specialist position will support the development, implementation and maintenance of House of Blues Las Vegas promotional programs designed to drive revenue and engagement across the following branding marketing sectors of the venue: House of Blues Restaurant, Special Events, Gospel Brunch, Branded Events, Retail & Foundation Room (that are incremental to the music hall). This role is focused largely on the operations of Brand Marketing & Promotions with responsibilities in the areas of content development and management, quality assurance and tactical event/promotion execution. The ideal candidate is eager to learn with a demonstrated business acumen to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Reports to the department’s Director, with day-to-day interaction and projects assigned from the venue GM and DOVO (as needed).
- Support Director to Implement & execute strategic venue marketing plans (as developed by Head of Department), media buys, branding strategies, and promotional projects for the House of Blues Restaurant, SpecialEvents, Gospel Brunch, BrandedEvents,Retail& Foundation Room
- Maintain deliverable dates and be accountable for delivery of brand messaging and materials in-market/out-of-market on time and on budget.
- Initiating media insertions, and managing traffic instructions to media partners, print, radio, online, digital, etc.
- Managing and Maintaining accurate content on HOB Las Vegas website across all business channels on a day-to-day basis
- Managing and maintaining timely accurate content of HOB LV Brand across all sectors on partner websites (i.e Open Table, Mandalay Bay, Trip Advisor, Media partner sites, etc).
Creative + Campaign Development
- Manage and traffic creative service requests; focused at maintaining venue marketing collateral for business segments including advertisements, web graphics, emailcampaigns, rack cards, promotional fliers, sales packages, brochures.
- Through thoughtful insight-based briefs and a collaborative iteration, manage consumer facing communication development and campaigns
- Field & vet all design requests received for projects from Ops teams prior to submission to creative services. In addition to separate submissions, to include: non-Ops initiated projects initiated via Creative Services and/or freelancer (based on timeline)
- Assist with daily update of on-property digital content video messaging; positioning venue offerings, events, etc.
- Organize and maintain guest relations/public relations and community outreach programs
- Review, traffic and respond to online guest reviews.
- Field & Vet all Public Relations inquiries (inclusive of on-property film inquiries, event media clearance pass requests, etc) for Director review/approval.
- Coordinate on-site and off-site public relations activations as needed and assigned.
- Manage the distribution of editorial calendar updates to the media.
- Collaborate with Department head to accompany executives and company representatives to all media and public relations activities, both onsite and out-of-venue.
- Primary contact to execute local and national alliance programs on premise in venue.
- Coordinate timelines and managed promotional window closely with Operations team and off-site production vendors – ensuring timely communication of promotional collateral
- Direct Liaison to hotel property for relevant, accurate venue information communicated/promoted to hotel guests
- Manage marketing suppliers, and production process of promotional collateral, etc.
- Act as Production and Purchasing Manager for all Advertising & Marketing and/or Promotional collateral
- Execute and own social media program initiatives (as outlined by Department head) geared towards creating increasing social communities and creating value for fans that drive revenue for venue across brand business segments
- Databasemarketing management (together with home office team)
- Concept, Build, traffic and submit all HOB Brand, FDR member and SEO eblasts for the venue.
- Partner with Department lead to manage marketing and advertising operatingbudgets across business segments
- Maintain accounting end of marketing budget via P.O.s for each media buy purchase against reconciliation to each invoice
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in advertising/marketing or marketing operations; preferably with experience in hospitality and lifestyle sectors.
- Passionate consumer of experiential end user based experiences: including concerts, festivals, nightlife, dining out, and retail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with email based software for ease in creating content on a consistent basis
- Experience in executing and managing 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to delivery effective marketing messages
- Proactive problem solving skills and quick on your feet
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to write inspiring creative briefs, with blogging or editorial experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with the energy and passion to treat House of Blues brands as your own.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- High degree of comfort managing and prioritizing multiple work streams for on-time project delivery
- Able to learn and absorb at a fast pace with minimal supervision
- Experience in Wordpress, Web design and/or HTML a plus, for microsite and promo page creation
- Experience with Basecamp or similar project management system a plus
Must have a flexible schedule and be willing and able to work evenings and weekends (as needed).