- The Senior Manager, Brand & Creative Strategy, to set the objectives and our strategic direction.
- Sales Management and Business Development to understand their needs and develop solutions to drive sales via new business and organic growth within current accounts.
- Merchandising team in the development of marketing tools.
- The Graphic Artist team in the development of brand and customer PoS materials, and in the delivering of graphic art services for customers.
- Preferred Vendors in the development of co-op marketing programs and StaplesPromo.ca.
- The SPP US marketing and web teams, as well as the Staples Business Advantage marketing team.
- The SBA Canada marketing team in the promotion and execution of promo marketing tactics.
Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution; nature and scope of responsibility; risk and financial management; strategic vs. tactical vs. delivery orientation.
- Develop and execute the SPP Canada brand marketing plan, aligning people and processes behind departmental and organizational objectives.
- Develop a go-to-market plan for StaplesPromo.ca and drive new leads and new business via the platform
- Lead generation and channel development for key lines of business and verticals
- Training, development and management of the internal brand marketing and graphic artist team
- Effective management of marketing budgets.
- Develop, implement and report on the National and Regional marketing plans for Staples Promotional Products Canada.
- Oversee/develop PoS materials and sales collateral/tools, including seasonal catalogues, trend reports, sample/self-promo kits and campaigns flyers and e-communications, with brand marketing and graphic design team.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee content development for Staples Promotional Products website (StaplesPromo.ca) to meet the needs of both enterprise and SMB customers.
- Develop and manage content marketing strategy and thought leadership positioning.
- Develop digital marketing strategy to drive online lead gen, nurture leads, and nurture and build audience, and increase conversion rates.
- Support Business Development team with the development of strategies and tools to acquire new business.
- Map, design and support customer experience enhancement over the course of our customer journey.
- Manage the digital marketing calendar and paid ad campaigns either internally or with a 3rd party.
- Develop market segmentation strategies and set corresponding KPIs.
- Work with the Staples Business Advantage Marketing team to support Promo growth strategies. Drive B2B promo sales leveraging the SBA channel and marketing plans.
- Manage and grow email opt-in list in CASL compliant manner.
- Oversee Social Media platforms and digital content plan and execution.
- Oversee event strategy and support in execution (e.g. Annual National Meeting, Customer Advisory Board, Client Hospitality Events, Regional Shows).
- Track success of marketing executions, reviewing regularly with the team and adjusting tactics / executions as required.
- Design sales contests / initiatives / promotions (internal and external).
- Provide creative direction for marketing executions, photo shoots and SPP videos.
- Provide approvals on all SPP brand executions.
- Responsible for internal communication related to marketing initiatives / roll-outs.
- Work with the graphic artist team on managing the brand guidelines and brand executions for SPP Canada
- Oversee the graphic design efforts and services for customers.
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
- Identify new trends, potential impact to business and new approaches to marketing strategy.
- Build innovative toolkits for the marketing, sales and merchandising teams.
- Drive and train creative innovation with marketing, graphics design and web development teams (design work, product solutions, approach to customer segments/verticals).
- Review and improve processes and procedures.
- Manage development of StaplesPromo.ca and evolution of digital experience.
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery)
- Work collaboratively with Sales, BD, Account Services and Design/Creative teams.
- Work collaboratively with Managers and Senior Managers at Staples Business Advantage in the development and execution of promo LOB marketing plans.
- Work collaboratively with management teams of key vendors in the development and execution of strategic vendor marketing plans to drive mutual growth.
- Develop generic SPP vendor marketing plan for distribution to preferred vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate as required with printers, translators, photographers, outsourced creative resources, 3rd party database and marketing tool(s) providers.
- Work with SPP agencies in the development of marketing tools/materials and events.
- Manage relationship with freelancers (copywriters, designers, translators) as required.
People Leadership (i.e. staff management; accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
- Responsible for the structure, development and performance of the marketing team.
- Responsible for hiring and performance management.
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews and ongoing coaching for direct reports.
- Development of any marketing training programs for internal teams.
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months)
- Responsible for defining, modifying and executing / overseeing the execution of our SPP Canada brand marketing plan (including digital / online sales) in both the short and the long-term.
- University degree in Business / Commerce or Marketing
- Minimum 6-8 years marketing experience.
- Minimum 3 years management experience.
- Experience with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) and email marketing deployment systems (e.g. Marketo)
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO practices and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership skills – effectively manage, motivate and coach/mentor marketing team and high potentials
- Set tone for marketing department – drive innovation; drive effective communication; clear roadblocks; maintain positive environment in high-paced / stressful environment
- Develop, maintain and influence cross-functional relationships
- Foster strategic partnerships both internally and externally
- Manage to tight deadlines with conflicting priorities and enable team to do the same
- Display strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear and concise direction
- Strong creative skills
- Strong knowledge of brand identity, marketing strategy and legal / regulatory compliance requirements (inc. CASL and ADA)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite