We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It is our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Growth. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
As an essential partner to the VP of Brand, you will oversee the development and implementation of brand initiatives telling stories to drive our key messages at the brand, category, and product level. You will play a pivotal role in the evolution and growth of Helix’s consumer brand including consumer insight development, integrated campaign creation, and brand management. Support those activities by owning processes that enable innovation, scale, and success. Together, we’ll develop and launch programs, assets, tools, and experiences that help build and extend our brand, attract new customers, and engage our existing community in authentic and compelling ways.
As the Brand Marketing Manager, you will orchestrate the implementation of the consumer insight roadmap, ensuring that research deliverables deliver actionable insights and that those insights are understood and integrated across Helix. You will manage execution of brand and campaigns and own an integrated marketing planning process ensuring consumers experience our brand, across channels and tactics, in an impactful and unified way and that we deliver against Helix’s strategic imperatives and our brand promise. You will carry on the day-to-day management of the brand and be its champion across the company.
As the Brand Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead the execution of the consumer insights roadmap including developing SOWs, managing relationship with agencies (SOWs, timelines, deliverables, budget), and owning marketing and cross-functional follow up on outcomes and integration
- Support the development of brand campaigns including creating briefs, managing agency relationship, overseeing production in support of campaign and initiative development to drive category, brand and product awareness and sell Helix apps.
- Own the execution of Helix’s integrated marketing planning process and outcomes. Partnering with internal and external creative resources, channel owners, appliedgenomics (science), legal and compliance to ensure execution of a consumer-first, coordinated strategy across channels and interactions.
- Oversee brand management activities including developing brand measurement instruments, representing the brand in the creative review process, developing and evolving brand tools and guidance, and serving as a resource and evangelist cross-functionally
- Explore, invent, and champion new insights, strategies, tactics, and processes to grow the Helix brand and Helix’s brand function
- 3-5 years marketing experience focused on brand management, CPG a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with flawless execution
- Creative, analytical, innovative, collaborative, multitasking self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative mindset with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated skill at influencing decisions, experience in dealing with multiple and diverse stakeholders and business partners
An ideal candidate will have:
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills who enjoys the challenge of building and growing something new
- Ability to juggle masterfully, build momentum, influence positive outcomes, facilitate cross-functional discussions and decisions
- Experience connecting the dots across a multitude of inter-connected areas
- A passion for the details and a strong bias for action
- Reputation for results- and service-oriented approach; ensuring projects are delivered to business owners on time, on budget, and on strategy.
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO