What We're Looking For
The Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for executing marketing strategy for multiple partner programs, with a focus on driving long-term enrollment. Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing (reporting to a Senior Manager or Vice President also possible), this role maintains responsibility over a wide variety of digital marketing tactics for these assigned programs. As the key program owners in marketing, the most successful Brand Marketing Managers create strong external university partner relationships through strategic communication.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop and oversee the execution of a data-influenced marketing strategy for multiple partner programs, including a heavy focus on digital marketing channels. Establishing these long-term strategic plans requires deep partnership with key external marketing stakeholders.
- Engage in strategic planning with key internal stakeholders, ensuring benchmarks and goals are being met; proactively reporting results and opportunities to Brand Marketing Directors and VPs.
- Oversee all funnel conversion activities for prospective students and applicants, including paid and organic channels. Work closely with direct reports and cross-functional counterparts to uncover opportunities, and introduce new initiatives to improve conversion. Create strategic plans and creative briefs for a wide variety of digital marketing tactics.
- Directly manage up to two Brand Marketing Coordinators with responsibility to drive their performance to hit established goals and support their professional development.
- Work directly with Program Operations and General Managers on all school-facing priorities to drive program growth. Includes developing strategic marketing plans, providing internal updates, and supporting reporting needs.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- 3-8 years as a Marketing Coordinator, Communications Specialist, Marketing Manager, Account Manager or similar job function, either in an agency or corporate setting
- Bachelor's degreerequired, MBA or similar a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role and at 2U:
- Demonstrated experience in partner, client or account management
- Experience in driving marketing strategy
- Experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Strong background in project management
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Experience with email automation systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!