What you'll do:
The Brand Manager provides in-depth guidance and support in the creation of an assigned brand's strategy including development and execution of multiple marketing plans. Use strong sense of creativity and analytical skills to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment. Grow brand recognition inclusive of consumption analyses and promotion/advertising strategy assistance. Additionally, the incumbent manages new product commercialization processes including aiding in customer market research and establish pricing and positioning.
Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of category and brand expertise to be used to effectively sell the brand.
- Identifies key business drivers and opportunities based on competitive/category trends, track & report on business results, and lead all budget related activities for financial planning.
- Oversees long term project management functions and presents strategic plans to Sr. Management on the innovation and commercialization of new product initiatives.
- Develops forecasts with input from Sales, Operations and Finance.
- Leads and ensures the timely execution of Brand Plans/ leading agencies (PR, Digital, and Consumer Promotions) to develop highly creative and cost-efficient campaigns
- Oversees the development and execution of shopper marketing plans for key customers and partner with Sales & e-commerce teams to drive category growth by attending and advising on customer meetings.
- Acts as Company representative for assigned Sales and Retailer brand meetings.
- Provides backup assistance to other members of the marketing team, as directed
- Assists with other projects, as needed
Who you are:
Minimum five years' experience in a consumer-packaged goods marketing.
Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience analyzing marketing data & translating to insights & recommendations that tell a clear & compelling story with data
- Ability to monitor & analyze budgets and report on P/L activity associated with assigned marketing initiatives -- proven ability to connect sales & marketing plans with impact to P/L
- Excellent creative instincts and comfort with visual design
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Previous demonstration of managing marketing mix including shopper marketing, digital/social, television media, e-commerce
- Experience managing external agencies
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Self-motivated dot-connector with strong analytical / problem solving / creative skills.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Preferred knowledge of the Consumer Product Goods Industry.