The Brand Manager, Small Animal is a knowledgeable marketer responsible for implementing strategic plans and integrated marketing plans for the Small Animal business to satisfy overall business objectives. The Brand Manager leads effective management and execution of growth plans, including pricing, new products, product and packaging improvement. The Brand Manager takes complete ownership of all marketing efforts and activities, champion's projects and leads cross-functional teams to ensure implementation. In this position you will evaluate category trends, other market data, business results and internal financials to conduct thorough analysis and develop insights and action plans. In addition, the Brand Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the assigned product portfolio, including the different aspects of the product life cycle. The Brand Manager, Small Animal also plays a fundamental role leading our demand creation plans and go-to- market activities to achieve the brand's business objectives. Scope ranges from marketing strategy planning to development and execution of our integrated marketing communication programs aimed at building brand equity, strong omni-channel consumer engagement and profitable growth. This marketing leader is results oriented and an adept problem solver with proven ability to be comfortable with ambiguous situations while leading, collaborating with and influencing cross functional teams to align resource priorities with the brand vision.
If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Analyze business trends in both revenue and retail dollars to optimize pricing, products, merchandising and assortment.
- Drive achievement of annual business objectives goals of revenue, profit, and share growth
- Provides thought leadership and support development and execute annual and long-range business plan, including solid analyses that deliver overall plan recommendations
- Identify trends and insights that lead to product ideas that uniquely satisfy unmet needs, assessing business potential, and authoring new product concepts & development briefs to initiate projects.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, Sales, R&D, Product Development, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Agency, and Legal to champion projects
- Manage project timelines, problem solves, anticipate deviations from plan, and proactively identify and recommend solutions
- Plan and coordinate new product launches from concept to market, including product development, packaging development, volume forecasting, pricing and tracking and sales communications
- Develop sales tools/materials to optimize impact of the sales organization.
- Monitor and actively participate with procurement group on forecasting and purchasing of grains
- Lead implementation and optimization of omni-channel marketing communication tactical programs, with primary focus on digital and social media.
- Allocate and manage marketing budget with approval and partnership of brand marketing/management lead.
- Evaluate marketing programs based on financial impact, consumer engagement and brand equity metrics. Monitor and optimize digital marketing plans based on key metric results.
- Provide consumer- and customer-insight-driven selling proposition to enable successful field sales execution.
- Recommend consumer marketing communication path to convey key benefits and reasons to believe, including claims development.
- In partnership with Creative Services team, develop and implement briefs for packaging design and creative development for marketing communication support tactics.
- Act as an advocate for a positive work environment
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related business field (Required)
- Previous pet industry experience with Small Animals such as Rabbits, Guinea Pigs or Hamsters (Required)
- 3-5 years of marketing of consumer-packaged goods or brand / product management experience (Required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI)
- Exceptional project management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in analyzing/leveraging Sales and Financial data and persuasively presenting findings
- Experience presenting to management and sales organizations
- Understanding of marketing research processes and methods.
- New product development and launch experience across varied channels (i.e. line extensions, new categories, etc.), from concepting to commercialization.
- Experience in providing creative direction for consumer-facing initiatives.
- Strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills; written, oral and formal presentation
- Passion for Marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivator able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision
- Some travel will be required