Summary of the Position: Accountable for developing the brand innovation and communication strategies for a product (within a brand) to build consumer demand and market share. Brand Manager will be involved in development of brand strategy, pricing strategy, innovation, product portfolio management, new launches and integrated brand activation plans. Plans and coordinates the retail marketing and promotional campaigns for assigned product lines. The Brand Manager will provide leadership to Associate Product Managers at thedirection of the Marketing Manager. Assists Marketing Manager with overall Marketing Strategy, to ensure all company directives are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must endeavor to be an "expert" in the knowledge of the products you are managing as well as the channels where they are sold. " Keep ontop of business by being the expert"
- New Product Launches within your Brand
- Understands data reporting systems. Analyze key business trends, track and report results, and provide recommendations based on key learnings and execute actionable steps to address issues in a timely manner.
- Drive key brand or category initiative that effectively reach and connectwith target consumers.
- Familiar with brand standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning. Acts as the brand champion across the business.
- Participate in annual brand planning process to set a fully integrated marketing plan utilizing the full marketing mix of advertising promotions and trade.
- Assist in the development/ execution of annual Marketing plans and budget.
- Analyze market trends and competitive trends. Recommends actions toachieve annual sales and profit objectives.
- Assist Market Manager in the development and execution of consumer themed promotions and or Marketing activities with outside agencies/ suppliers as appropriate.
- Maintain regular contact and work with sales and brokers to ensure proper communication of programs.
- Work with Market Manager to maintain / track annual budgets for appropriate segments/ markets
- For assigned products, oversees product marketing strategies, including:
- Coordination of printed packaging material production
- Preparation of all promotional materials, as needed
Including: Sales literature, Client brochures, Mailings, Print advertisements,Website updates (all Channels), Store imaging and descriptions, Coupons and Rebates
- Assists with the planning of yearly trade shows as required including attendance.
- Generates ideas of promotional activities
- Support sales as needed, including: PowerPoint presentations, Market/Competitive information, Market Research information
- Helps with the Development of :
- Strategic marketing plans across all channels to support annual sales goals
- Marketing programs and components needed to support sales plan
- The goals and objectives for sales and marketing programs that drive retail pet growth
- Presents status update on overall business to Market Manager on a quarterly basis.
- Assists with the training of customer service on products.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of marketing/sales or product management experience.
- Animal health industry experience or Companion animal/Equine background a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability tomultitask in a fast paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset is mandatory
- Retail Marketing & Brand experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be computer literate, preferably in a Windows environment.