The Brand Manager is responsible for developing plans and executing projects and initiatives that support the long-term marketing strategy of their respective Brand(s). This position works cross-functionally with Operations, Brand Development, Strategy and Research & Development.
What you will be doing:
- Steward of the Brand that supports the Brand promise, Brand vision, Brand position, Brand architecture and achieves overall business goals for the Brand(s).
- Engages, inspires and galvanizes the organization around the Brand vision, position and strategies so they are clear in bringing them to life in their areas of functional expertise.
- Works collaboratively with marketing communications to execute marketing collateral and packaging designs consistent with a determined communications hierarchy and Brand style guide
- Leads and collaborates with research & development to create and execute innovation platform pathways, product innovation and renovation.
- Participates on a cross-functional team to develop new products following the process, including analyzing information to help set the sales forecast and financials and writing concept statements for consumer testing.
- Analyzes historical new product launches, and reports on vitality rates.
- Analyzes consumer trends and information, and categories to help identify product categories to enter as future sources of growth and enhance the Brand's equity and marketplace performance.
- Drives consumer understanding and insights that defines our prime prospects' needs, attitudes and values in order for consumers to have stronger and more impactful brand experiences.
- Leads consumer and Brand learning plan development and oversees execution and findings of research studies.
- Analyzes market, consumer, and competitive information to set new product pricing and manage price on existing items.
- Analyzes consumer, category, competition, and channel/customer trends. Develops pricing & pack strategies, improved margin mix, trade spending plans and distribution goals in order to develop actionable KPI's.
- Analyzes and provides consumer, category, and brand information to support sales in category management and sales presentations. Reviews channel and customer-specific point-of-purchase trade plans and provides feedback on consistency with marketing plan.
- Works with sales to identify programming to generate incremental sales and/or profitability.
- Works collaboratively with operations/sourcing to identify and develop productivity initiatives.
What you bring to the team:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years' consumer products brand marketing/brand management experience.
- Food and Natural Industry experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products including Excel expertise and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Strong analytical experience. Must be able to draw conclusions from data to drive business.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in developing creative for advertising materials, direct mail, email and online advertising communications.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Experience in nutritional products industry.