Continental Mills is looking for a Brand Manager who is future-thinking, numbers savvy, challenges the status quo, and loves finding creative and innovative ways to challenge the marketplace and make our brands successful! If you are looking for a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented work environment where entrepreneurial thinking is rewarded, then consider joining our team.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else’s. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
The Brand Manager is responsible for leading all marketing for Licensed Brands within the Consumer Brand Group (CPG). This person will work closely with cross functional groups, lead projects, perform & present market data analysis, manage and cultivate relationships with Licensor partners, new product development, budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis, consumer advertising & promotions, trade advertising & promotions, and participate in research. This person will be a leader who identifies opportunities for growth while also being a steward of licensed brands across the organization.
- Brand Manager develops, plans and executes annual marketing plans and new product development. Contributes to plan with analysis of market data developing and implementing short and long term strategies.
- Become the expert in assigned categories including consumer dynamics and competitive environment.
- Leads quarterly business reviews and presents to Executive-level licensed partners.
- Leads and/or participates in annual business planning with Executive-level leadership within Continental Mills and licensed partners.
- Partnering with and leading cross functional teams such as R&D, Operations, Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Consumer Insights.
- Monitors, manages, and influences monthly forecasting and yearly budgeting processes.
- Leads innovation and product development process for the business including building business case from food trends information, marketplace data, research, P&L analysis, promotional plans, and/or running launch teams.
- Develops marketing programs including planning, development, & execution management of plans as they relate to assigned categories.
- Strong data analysis skills utilizing and creating models/tools to assist marketing and sales divisions in the management of businesses.
- Healthy analysis skills for identifying opportunities in tradepromotions, competitive advantages, as well as uncovering business opportunities.
- Key player in consumer research initiatives.
- Open to/flexible to take on new tasks as they arise.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong project management, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills – influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and cultivate relationships with licensed partners.
- Ability to develop working relationships with CM internal employees and external vendors including outside sales force, food broker network, retail customers, advertising agencies, packaging designers, research vendors, etc.
- Flexible and able to handle changing environment and priorities.
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create environments that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Proven problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with an emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using and analyzing syndicated data (ACNielsen/IRI)
- Experience in analyzing financial data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- High level of energy.
- MBA preferred
- 2-4 years classical brand management experience in a consumer packaged goods organization.
Continental Mills' products and brands bring people together so we do our part to ensure those experiences are great! Our goal is to be the most innovative, creative and admired company in food and we recognize that our people are the key to achieving that goal.