This role requires strategic thinking, the ability to transform data and insights into tangible ideas and product scopes. Deep consumer, customer, product, and market understanding will be essential for success, as well as innovation experience. Looking for a strategic, organized self-starter with a passion for new products, brand development and marketing.
- 5+ years’ experience in brand or product management in a CPG environment, must have new product innovation experience.
- Proven ability to develop and lead execution of innovation pipeline from concept to launch
- Previously led cross-functional team through new product development processes
- Experience & exposure to a variety of market research techniques
- Prior experience working with third party innovation partners (i.e. suppliers, co-manufacturers, etc.) a plus
- Creating and reading data analysis, together with consumer and category insights to identify new opportunities.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to mange multiple work streams and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategic innovation plans across priority consumer brands
- Leverage macro trends, consumer data and category insight to identify and evaluate new categories and product extensions that deliver on brand fit and opportunity size for each assigned brand
- Lead all aspects of concept/idea development, including target consumer, insights, benefit, price point
- Systematically evaluate ideas to prioritize high potential opportunities
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams (Brand Teams, Operations, Sales, R&D) to ensure alignment of direction at all stages of development and launch.
- Prepare persuasive sales and internal communication materials, to sell-in innovation pipeline strategy and new product ideas to key internal stakeholders
- Develops deep category knowledge across current and near neighbor categories and brands.
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams through the new product development process
- Work to gain a deep understanding of the company’s production capabilities to effectively partner with operations in understanding how innovation can be executed internally vs. with an external partner
- Collaborate closely with brand teams to ensure all new items in development fit with each brands’ purpose and priorities
- Initiate and manage market research projects to deliver powerful consumer and customer insights to facilitate continued brand growth.
- Engage with strategic partners (suppliers and manufacturer) to source and understand potential opportunities with new technologies, processes/capabilities or materials
- All other duties as assigned.