At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
We are currently seeking a Brand Manager of Innovation to develop and lead strategic solutions for evolving consumer needs in this market. This individual will bring to life best-in-class, high speed-to-market product launches to distinguish our ZonePerfect brand among the most forward-looking in the industry. Working closely with our fully-integrated cross-functional team, including R&D, marketing, sales, supply chain, finance, and regulatory, the Brand Manager will ideate and charter new innovation platforms, hone insights-driven concepts, translate these into prioritized and fully-vetted designs, and champion the resulting solutions through development and eventual launch. Candidates require exceptional strategic business thinking, strong marketing fundamentals, solid financial modeling skills, and an in-depth knowledge of consumer insights research. The ideal candidate for our team will also bring a passion for creativity, be fun and energetic, be a self-starter with ability to work in an entrepreneurial structure, and love challenging the status quo to develop radical new solutions.
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for leading and executing short and long term business tactics and strategies to effectively support innovation and business plan objectives for the ZonePerfect brand. Responsibilities include successfully creating a new product pipeline, project management and helping to achieve profit margin/business plan objectives. Developing and managing relationships and communications with internal partners and external customers is key. Additional responsibilities include delivering on strategic initiatives, business analysis, and budget management. This role reports to the Marketing Director of ZonePerfect and will have one direct report, which is dedicated Assistant Brand Manager.
- Responsible for the strategic development and project execution of business innovation initiatives, including close-in product enhancements and long-term breakthrough innovations.
- Develop and manage innovation charters to ensure clear scoping and investment requirements for all cross-functional partners.
- Gather and analyze internal/external market information to create robust pro forma volumetrics and financial projections for new item performance.
- Lead cross functional project teams focused on execution of programs, initiatives, and/or strategies.
- Partner with consumer insights research team to develop and validate insights, develop and validate concepts, analyze market trends, competitive trends/changes, and opportunity assessment, including data analysis.
- Partner with R&D on product formula development guidelines and consumer validation
- Partner with retail sales and category teams to sell in new innovations by providing supporting category, consumers, and retailer-specific analytics and insights.
- Lead and manage innovation budget and funds appropriation.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives. These groups include external customers and consumers, external vendors and agencies, Field Sales, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, Public Affairs, Marketing, and Executive Management.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and tactical objectives associated with the delivering new product innovations. Actions and decisions can affect attainment of business unit financial goals and objectives.
- 3-6 years of progressive marketing experience consumer packaged goods and/or healthcare products industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and success in project management.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously; including new product launches.
- Strong analytical skills, including business and financial analysis, with the skills to develop and defend an empirically-based recommendation and tell a concise story using complex data.
- Advanced level PC skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and presentation with the ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently articulate strategies to a diverse audience of peers, senior leadership, and external partners.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to attain business objectives.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing. MBA strongly preferred due to the business complexity and strategic focus of the position.
- Experience in Innovation and using Market Research a plus.
AN Abbott Nutrition
United States > Columbus : AD2
Yes,15% of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of theworkday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.