The Brand Manager is the individual that is most directly responsible for the success of the brand. He or she is accountable for the sales growth, financial health, and long term development of the trademark. He or she will need to manage effectively in a 360 degree pattern. A Brand Manager must be very effective at:
- Developing and presenting recommendations to senior management,
- Engaging direct reports to execute marketing plans,
- Working collaboratively in a leadership role with Managers and others throughout the marketing organization to ensure successful integration and leverage of seasons, and new product programs,
- Coordinating and leading activities with virtually every function in the company to achieve the brand’s goals, and
- Leading and directing the activities of outside suppliers including ad and promotion agencies.
In addition to Brand Managers who are responsible for traditional brand management, Hershey also has Marketing Managers who perform similar leadership roles for seasons, channels, precision and new products. In each case the Brand Manager is responsible for the overall growth and profitability of his or her area of responsibility and accountable for successful planning and execution on the business. The job responsibilities are very similar to those described above except the focus in on a season, channel, regional innovation or new product instead of an existing brand. In each of these positions, the Brand Manager is working to not only support the needs of the brands but also maximize Hershey’s results in these respective areas.
- Strategic, annual and marketing planning and periodic re-planning on the business
- Leadership of activities inside and outside the company that will result in successful implementation of marketing plans
- Performance management activities including personal training and development
- External and internal assessments of the business environment, competitors, customers, market trends and the implications to the Manager’s area of responsibility
- Presentations made to Hershey’s customers.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Superior strategic thinking and planning
- Overall business knowledge and holistic general management approach
- Superior leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable for sales and income results
- Strong verbal and written communicator to wide breadth of audiences including senior management
- State-of-the-art functional marketing expertise
- Economic value creation mindset
- Lifelong learner and strong people developer
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar fields; MBA degreerequired
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the marketing function of a brand-driven company
- Experience in launching start-up brands and/or managing craft brands a plus
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.