We believe that excellent people truly make a difference and together we aim for a legacy of accomplishment second to none. We are searching for the best, the brightest and the most promising brand marketer to join our team. Powered by a 'Can Do' attitude, we move with purpose, lead with integrity and are passionate about quality and growth.
We currently have a role open on the Soup Marketing Team for the position of Brand Manager, Campbell’s & Condensed. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering the Annual Operating Plan P&L commitments of the condensed soup portfolio.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strategic, creative and critical thinking in developing business and marketing plans in a complex environment. A passion for continuous improvement, solution orientation, and bias for action will distinguish this leader in driving success.
The Brand Manager will be charged with leading within a matrixed organization the following:
- Create and drive alignment to brand and category strategic and annual operating plans.
- Deliver P&L financial commitments: Net Sales, Variable Contribution and Marketing Contribution
- In partnership with Demand Planning and Sales, generate monthly consumption and demand forecasts and own the brand inputs to the monthly S&OP process with accountability across the entire condensed portfolio.
- Monitor KPIs and lead analysis of business levers to provide an in depth analysis to understand drivers of performance and determine opportunities for growth.
- Identify untapped areas of demand to generate new products/renovation opportunities, commercial innovation ideas and commercialize them, including selling strategy, communications idea development and execution planning in partnership with the cross functional team.
- Manage, coach and develop one or more direct reports.
- Provide thought leadership to inspire great work, divergent thinking, and ongoing business-building product and marketing ideas.
- Overall, chart a path that focuses on the people, purpose, and performance of the business and the team.
- The Brand Manager will need to have the strategic ingenuity to mine and identify distinctive and meaningful insights in a category segment that defines business and brand strategy, product and commercial innovation, brand activation and overall business operations.
- Ability to partner across functions to coordinate business and brand plans that generate demand while delivering against the division’s P&L commitments such as new products, product renovations, convincing category, and selling strategies, brand activation.
- Curiosity and an interest in evolving consumer needs, and an ability to "connect the dots" from multiple sources of consumer and competitive research and trends as well as a deep understanding of competitive marketplace dynamics to draw conclusions that translates into business plans.
- Ability to inspire trust and drive organizational alignment with cross-functional resources and management.
- A willingness not only to learn but to teach and bring fresh thinking to the team as we seek to continually improve our knowledge, skills, and processes in the dynamic and competitive food industry.
- Proactively anticipate obstacles and the flexibility to seek alternative solutions to keep projects on track.
- Support brand and category strategy work beyond the assigned segment as needed.
- Minimum education required: MBA
- Years of relevant experience: 3- 5 years of brand marketing experience
- Knowledge of CPG industry desired
- Strategic thinking ability and creative mindset to bring breakthrough ideas to market
- Strong analytic capability and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: highly collaborative with ability to build solid working partnerships across functional groups
- Previous people management experience preferred but not required
- A "can do" attitude with a strong drive for results