$100K — $150K *
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Brand Manager (Communications) is responsible for bringing brand vision and strategy to life through integrated marketing communications planning. The Brand Manager (Communications) delivers break-through communications based on a deep understanding of the target guest, market trends, and product, category and competitive insights This position manages the brand’s mix of guest engagement programs (traditional and non-traditional) and partners with the Panda In-House Agency (PIHA) to deliver a holistic communications strategy through effective marketing vehicles and channels. The Brand Manager (Communications) manages and develops a team of brand marketing professionals to provide communications planning expertise.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Responsible for clearly articulating Panda vision and brand strategy inclusive of our guest target and brand personality and positioning. Develops and champions brand identity guidelines for broader organization and partners.
• Responsible for bringing brand vision and strategy to life through breakthrough communications strategy and integrated marketing communications planning. Ensures brand positioning and guest target are at the heart of all marketing communication activities.
• Manages brand’s mix of guest engagement programs, including traditional and non-traditional vehicles. Partners with the Panda In-House Agency (PIHA) to deliver a holistic communications strategy through effective marketing vehicles and channels.
• Demonstrates a passion and deep understanding for the guest target. Regularly conducts guest research with internal and external partners to refine understanding to optimize promotional messaging and brand claims.
• Works with the team to develop post-launch communication recaps to document learnings and considerations for future promotions.
• Advises senior leaders on brand strategies based on market trends, competitor insights, and brand learnings; acts as a brand steward, implementing consistency across all marketing touchpoints.
• Contributes to Panda Express brand building initiatives as well as satellite brands (e.g., Uncle Tetsu, Ipuddo, Tea Bar), as needed.
• Manages and develops a team of brand marketing professionals to provide communications planning expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
Minimum five years of directly applicable marketing experience, preferably in a nationally branded retail/hospitality environment with increasing managerial, with increasing managerial experience
Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
• Strong knowledge of marketing and restaurant operations
• Knowledge of brand management
• Knowledge of market and consumer research and trends affecting the food service industry
• Basic knowledge of product development/testing in a restaurant operations environment
• Knowledge of Operations and PIHA strategies, policies, procedures, and practices
• Knowledge of identified competitors and competitive actions
• People management and team building skills
• Strong integrated marketing communications skills
• Strong financial and project management and analysis skills
• Leadership skills
• Strong computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to develop/coach associates and assess potential management talent
• Ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Ability to confront difficult situations and facilitate process
• Ability to influence marketing strategy and promotions
• Ability to effectively work with third party agencies and vendors (market research, advertising)
• Ability to perform Operations functions in Panda stores
• Ability to provide clear feedback and direction on brand initiatives
• Ability to use data to make recommendations
• Demonstrate a strong passion for the Panda brand
• Demonstrate a strong drive for results
Valid through: 11/10/2021