Under the direct supervision of the Director of Brand Management, the Brand Manager will be responsible for the overall business metrics, budget and financials for the designated Brand(s). The Brand Manager will lead initiatives to conduct market research, benchmark pricing in the channel, align marketing efforts and drive the new product development direction. The Brand Manager will leverage their experience within the hunting and shooting industry to identify opportunities to strengthen our brand position to provide innovative, high-quality products.
- Leads the Marketing lifecycle process for designated brand(s).
- Functions as the information hub for designated brand(s).
- Analyze consumer trends and information, and categories to help identify product categories to enter as future sources of growth
- Manage budgets and financial related to marketing campaigns.
- Manages P&L, Sales, Gross Margin, sales figures, costs, profitability, inventory position, inventory turns and define trends monthly, quarterly and annually for designated brand(s).
- Monitor industry trends and perform market research/analysis of products, brands and product categories.
- Conduct line reviews and end consumer perception of product offerings, (BTI and competitor) through online marketplace research, online customer reviews, internal Voice of the Customer data and other outlets.
- Identify areas of product/ brand growth through data analysis and make new product and product category expansion suggestions.
- Develop and coordinate the benchmarking of our prices through various product channels to strengthen our brand position.
- Support the Director of Brand Management in the setting of our retail prices according to the pricing strategy to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Identify, research, and suggest creative and profitable promotions for all trade channels, business categories and customer segments to maintain our footprint and take market share from our competitors.
- Quarterback the communication of the brand strategy and how collectively we can work to strengthen our brand position in the marketplace with Engineering, QA, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Develop, maintain and document work instructions relevant to the position.
- Assist in product/prototype testing, feature and function identification/documentation.
- Assist with trade shows as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reviews channel and customer-specific point-of-purchase trade plans and provides feedback on consistency with marketing plan
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and integrity of all product information and clearly and logically manage the storage of that information in the database.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelors' degree required, MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 5-9 years professional experience.
- Outstanding results as leader in a high-performing consumer goods business is a prerequisite; prior experience in outdoor goods industry preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in the shooting, hunting, reloading industry preferred, but knowledge of the industry is required
- Proven track record of utilizing and evaluating large amounts of data to come to fact based decisions
- Understanding of consumer psychology
- Passion for hunting and shooting sports
- A track record of delivering outstanding tangible results in a high performance environment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to be diplomatically persuasive / assertive
- Proven success in developing and commercializing new products
- Ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.