The Brand Building Manager (BBM) will lead marketing and brand building activities for the Paper Towel category supporting the Brawny® and Sparkle® brand teams. The BBM will lead brand equity and integrated marketing plan development and execution, working closely with the category team and the brand building capabilities: consumer knowledge, design & packaging, and marketing activation (content, media, consumer promotions, digital, social and shopper marketing). The BBM reports to the Brand Building Director who serves as the marketing and brand building thought leader for the Paper Towel category and works within the Integrated Brand Building Team reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Interactions across brand building capabilities: consumer knowledge, design and packaging, marketing activation: content, media, promotions, digital, social, and shopper marketing
- Interaction and collaboration with the category and brand team
- Briefing agency partners on creative content to support the brand building activities and plans
- Day to day management of the agency timelines and deliverables
- Potential for travel to and interaction with agencies and suppliers (e.g. New York, San Francisco)
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage agency and capability partners to build integrated marketing plans including advertising, consumer promotions, media, shopper marketing, search/web, and digital plan tactics.
- Build marketing plans to deliver on the category team’s vision, objectives, and strategies for the brands.
- Define and track key marketing plan metrics, improving measurement and economics of brand building investments (A&C).
- Define, execute, and track innovative marketing experiments to improve brand building knowledge and expertise.
- Manage and develop two direct reports (Associate Brand Building Managers).
What Will You Need?
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-8 years’ business experience
- Brand management or marketing experience within a consumer-driven industry
- Working knowledge of syndicated retail and consumer data
- Experience with highly matrixed organizations
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Master’s degree
- CPG marketing experience
- Brand management and P&L experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives, including efficient project prioritization to meet business needs based on project timelines and viability.
- Ability to identify and implement integrated brand building strategies and plans, including consumer and shopper knowledge, analytics, brand foundation, architecture, design, content, (digital) media, promotions, shopper marketing, vendor/agency management etc.
- Creative problem solving, including development of rapid experimentation to enable initiative development.
- Possesses strong financial acumen, including ability to build efficient and effective plans to meet business needs
Why work for GP?
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- A culturethat places top priority on integrity and compliance