5 - 7 years experience •
The Brand Manager supports the management of the Medifast brands and the product and program pipeline from strategic funnel development and consumer testing through commercialization and product lifecycle management. The Brand Manager works in partnership with Product Development, Scientific and Clinical Affairs, Supply Chain, and others.
1. Influences evolution of brand pipeline and funnel within company’s strategic priorities with a brand lens.
2. Manages product lifecycle inclusive of strategic planning and research, business case development, pricing and demand planning, commercialization, and portfolio optimization.
3. Specifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting consumer and industry research including market assessments and competitive and gap analyses.
4. Provides organization with in-depth analysis of market, industry, and competitors.
5. Supports product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintains the product development roadmap.
6. Works with Research and Development, Product Development, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to develop timelines for new product development and commercialization.
7. Makes recommendations for core positioning and messaging for products. Collaborates with field marketing on commercialization activities.
8. Works with training to develop internal and external product education and training strategies.
9. Analyzes data and reports on sales trends and product portfolio performance.
10. Supports the Director of Product and Program Marketing and Innovation in other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business.
• MBA preferred.
• 4 – 6+ years’ experience in product portfolio management/product marketing.
• Consumer packaged goods experience.
• International experience preferred.
• Experience managing products, from development through launch.
• Demonstrated success defining and launching products.
• Excellent team work skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
• Experience with cross-functional teams that include product development, manufacturing, regulatory, sales, and marketing.
• Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and presentation.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Exceptional analytical capabilities.
• Strong project management skills.