What you will be doing:
- You’re our sales team’s key partner to stand out amongst our competition. You make sure they have everything they need to turn leads into sales and to do outbound prospecting: digital stories, product/lifestyle imagery, conversion tips and tricks, FAQs, product teasers, “how-to” video support, and other great sales catalysts.
- You’re the brand protector, helping to educate the community and ensure that all the value we produce gets communicated to them in an authentic, savvy way. You turn features into stories.
- You’re our community organizer. You network and build trusting relationships with media, consumers and potential consumers. You identify and manage key influencers, ambassadors and pro-staff, determining their deliverables and tailoring the content messaging to individual strengths and geographies, ensuring the brand is represented correctly.
- Video content, blogs, customer interviews, presentations and social media engagement are what you do every day. You live in digital media. Being on stage does not scare you. You can interview others and use your curiosity and empathy with other people to become the stars of the show.
- Customers will remember your name. You’ll be the person they remember and want to see again. You get our community to love what we have to offer and become a community that engages with us. You’ll be leading a lot of our social media engagements with our digital audiences.
- You collaborate across functions to feed into strategy development, drive the business forward and increase engagement with customers.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- 7 years of progressive experience in brand and marketing, which includes leading, managing content plans/strategies, and managing and developing influencers into evangelists
- Credible outdoor enthusiast who is a specialist in the category
- Demonstrates a deep belief in the brand, dedication to bringing about change, connection with others, bringing life to the conversation and pursuing the company’s mission
- Ability to translate brand concepts into something relevant for laypersons and ability to tell an exciting story
- Strong social media presence on multiple platforms
- Experience with a wide range of marketing channels and assets (in-product/app, email, blog, social, videos, events) and understanding of how to use each to achieve business goals.
- Frequent domestic travel and possible international travel required
- Comfortable working in a lean and fast-paced environment