Random House Children's Books (RHCB) is seeking a creative, market-focused and sales-oriented Brand Director for the Dr. Seuss business. This role will serve as the lead for the brand internally and with Dr. Seuss Enterprises (DSE), its licensees and partners. Together with the publishing team and sales department, the Brand Director will build vision, define goals, and oversee growth activities for the Dr. Seuss publishing program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the publishing and sales team to shape overall Dr. Seuss publishing and retail strategy, generating creative ideas, and executing major initiatives.
- Leading strategic initiatives for the Dr. Seuss brand by informing brand positioning and program development, including business analysis, competitive analysis and consumer research.
- Managing relationships and serving as the key point of contact with DSE, DSE Licensees, and major external partners.
- Establishing sales benchmarks and providing key insights to the publishing and sales team.
- Updating the internal departments with regular reviews of sales trends for the Dr. Seuss business.
- Leading internal communication and coordination around Dr. Seuss brand initiatives and key marketing programs.
- Leading monthly RHCB Seuss Business Review Meetings.
- Providing reporting and analysis for DSE on a quarterly basis.
- Securing regular reporting from DSE Licensees and communicating findings to the RHCB team.
- Initiating post-mortem analysis of all measurable campaigns, communicating to the internal team and making recommendations for future opportunities.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the history and current state of the brand as well as the children's book marketplace.
- Traveling to trade shows, retail meetings, and brand summits as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of book publishing, licensing, branding, sales, or related experience
- Experience in market research, sales analysis, and financial reporting
- Proven success working with a team to develop strategic plans that drive sales
- Senior-level presence and strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire trust
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationship with key partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital media
- A strategic understanding of marketing and media campaign development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency with research and analytic tools