The Marketing Center of Excellence at Aramark is charged with building strong brands and driving profitable growth. Through repeatable business models that leverage insights and innovation, Aramark marketers help build base business, new business, and client retention through strategies, concepts, programs and practices that engage consumers “at the moment of truth” – where we serve over 2 billion meals each year at workplaces, schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, sports & entertainment venues and other locations around the country and the world.
This exciting position on a small, dynamic and collaborative team supports the development of breakthrough innovation for Aramark’s premium brand, Harvest Table Culinary Group, which operates as an independent division. This development includes B2B and B2C strategy and activation for go-to-market sales and retention programs as well as program development and onsite activation for consumer-facing programs in the residential, retail café, convenience, and catering channels. The position is responsible for management of the overall brand marketing portfolio utilized to target clients across the enterprise. There is a strong focus on developing innovative strategies as well as executing an end-to-end solution that creates differentiation and leadership in the market.
This position will enhance insights driven, consumer-centric innovation and program development within the prestigious premium client space, a critical priority for the company. We seek a proactive, forward looking leader to oversee the development and positioning of the new Harvest Table brand.
The Director will need the capacity to lead multiple areas of focus at the same time, and must be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, where more needs to be done with less, and quickly. It is expected that this role is thinker and a doer-who does not settle for the expected and conventional, but works to push ideas beyond the norm and activates those ideas in meaningful ways.
The Director needs to be passionate about food, the food landscape and the customer experience. As well as have a strong understanding of client needs and consumer macro trends and the evolving dining away from home needs of today’s consumer. The marketer should be focused on providing consumers with a high quality dining experience to drive guest satisfaction and position Harvest Table Culinary Group as a leader in the premium dining industry.
While focused on the premium Harvest Table Culinary Group brand, the Brand Director is part of Aramark’s broader Brand Management and Innovation team. The role is responsible for:
- Strategy/Planning: Support the development of Harvest Table Culinary Group brand strategy with priority on the creation and ongoing brand management of a prestigious brand under the larger Aramark brand framework. Complete an annual marketing plan with strategies and tactics to propel the brand and drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Insights: Identify consumer, competitive, category, segment, and operator insights to assess the opportunity for Harvest Table Culinary Group and respective channels within the brand. Work in conjunction with the Aramark Insights Team to field consumer and other insights work. Leverage a variety of data-gathering tools and information assets—trends, consumer segmentation, market structure, consumer wants/behavior/attitudes, qualitative research, competitive benchmarking, sales and retention outcomes/forensics and personal observation. Utilize insights and analytics ongoing for management, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Brand Development: Support the creation, positioning, and/or refresh of Harvest Table Culinary Group brand elements, including brand value proposition and positioning, visual identity, etc. Support all aspects of development and on-going management with cross-functional partners in Growth, Global Operating Excellence and Operations including initial sales and operator training materials, onsite consumer-facing programs, roll-out plans, and resource development. Oversee continuous innovation for the brand.
- Project Management: Lead cross-functional teams, including sales/retention, product development/menu, supply chain, environment, operations, OpX, finance, IT, corporate communications, business units, etc... to develop, launch, assess and continuously improve the brand.
- Program Management: Lead development of key programs, promotions, and other related projects for the brand including ongoing annual activation programs that support the brand. Arm onsite field teams with the resources and tools they need for flawless execution of brand programs.
- Brand Segmentation: Develop process and work with Aramark Growth Leaders to determine segmentation of premium brand within each business unit.
- Measurement: Determine brand KPIs and success measures. Track and report initiative results against these objectives and refine program where needed to attain required operating results while managing the budget and other project management duties (e.g., timelines, project plans, program administration, etc.)
- Sales and Retention Business Unit Support: Service sales and retention specific program support and hands on brand activation for new and retention accounts.
- MCOE Support: Act as brand liaison for corporate brand Aramark and steward Harvest Table Culinary Group brand – ensuring continual growth and support of the premium brand value proposition.
This position will report to the AVP Brand Management for Harvest Table Culinary Group.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s Degree/MBA preferred
- 5+ Years Leading End-to-End Customer and Brand Strategy
- Experience building teams and marketing capabilities
- Experience in complex external or internal marketing/sales environment
- Strong project management experience, including stage gate process management
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including strong writing and presentation skills.
- Comfortable influencing highest levels of an organization and managing individuals in and outside of the direct reporting structure; ability to interface with all levels of employees, including executives, in a fast-paced team environment
- highly developed consultative and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office