Brand Development Manager - Multicultural ( BF )
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
The Multicultural Brand Development Manager - Brown Forman will maximize the sale of client brands to the trade and consumers through effective key account management, brand education, training, promotion and communication that permits achievement ofcompany and client objectives.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and client established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution aligned with client and Young's KPI’s, goals and planned focuses.
- Work in conjunction with Multicultural, Chain, and General Market Divisions and the respective Sales Representatives andmanagement to ensure effective execution of distribution of client portfolio is available including but not limited to: POS, displays, back bar presence, drink features, staff training, promotions, pricing, programming, catering, kitchen, cocktail list, etc.
- Regularly meet with Young's divisions and teams to educate and share best practices with client portfolio and are aware ofall available client resources to accomplish goals.
- Serve as information resources for, and conduit between, the field and the company’s management, ensuring all parties are informed, educated and exude confidence in selling the client portfolio
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Conduct staff training and education in all assigned accounts as well as an available resource for account trainings within thegreater account universe.
- Effectively service and merchandise assigned accounts.
- Promote brands and increase brand awareness within their accounts
- Increase brand visibility and maximize point of sale opportunities including traditional and non-traditional mediums including event/festival participation, partnerships, sponsorships, etc.
- Build effective relationships with all decision makers in assigned accounts
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between the field and the company’s management.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- At least four to six years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Strong understanding and experience with ultra-premium and luxury segments of alcohol beverage
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the multicultural business in the beverage industry.
- Bilingual/trilingual abilities are a plus.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position will also require the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. This position will further require the ability to effectively present information andrespond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Last, this position will require theability to ensure multiple parties from Young’s and clients are aligned and updated on progress within accounts and in relations tomarketplace programs and goals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability andstatistical inference. This position will also require the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, andproportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position will also require the ability to interpret a variety ofinstructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage with diverse groups including but not limited to distributor personnel, suppliers, customers and the general public
- Proven abilities to develop selling and promotion strategies targeted to enhance sales within an account.
- Proven track record of successful selling.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, bned, crouch or crawl ona daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account