Job Description Details
Reporting to the Director, Creative Brand, this position is responsible for connecting creative strategy to business results for QVC Group and support our People, Communications & Communications teams. The Creative Director works closely with brand strategy and the Communication team to set the creative vision for QVC Group on various initiatives. The Creative Director guides a creative team in creation of digitally focused and video rich storytelling concepts and creative that captures that strategy. This role will also lead a team of video and digital creative talent whose goal will be to creative, relevant and timely creative assets, with editorial story direction from QVC Group Communications that keeps us in the press and capture the attention of audiences from team members to the media and investors. This will be an extremely fast paced team that creates creative and digital assets that are a part of the communications team’s owned content (newsroom) vision, strategy and execution.
This Creative Director is fluent in adobe creative suite and can lead the design process as well as participate in creating designs.
The CD interacts with the highest levels of management internally and is highly connected to the Global VP, Communications & Community and team. This role is both player and coach, supporting a fast-paced and evolving organization function. Must be able to convincingly present concepts to all parties, be open to client feedback and adapt strategies to both macro trends as well as the QVC Group culture. Also must ensure the achievement of agreed-upon strategy, keeping in mind the overall new QVC Group brand.
He/She is a problem solver that will support the current and future, differentiated positioning of the QVC Group brand and help it come to life in everything we do. This person should understand the competitive retaillandscape, question assumptions, and help develop impactful strategies in service of departmental needs. This person needs to be comfortable also leading and working with outside agencies, bidding process and SOW development. As important, this person much understand internal stakeholders are key clients and that this person’s contributions are critical to the People, Communications & Community’s vision and strategy to create a truly networked, dynamic newsroom for their audiences.
This brand advocate looks to leverage data and use intuition, listen to understand, support and partner with creative teams, have thoughts on work, and adapt quickly. He/She is a doer, with a bias for action that understands the objectives and kpi’s of the projects they are connected to – providing support and guidance.
This role is part creative visionary and part brand/culture evangelist.
- Champions existing and future customers and team members – making sure we are focused on their needs.
- Understands the incredibly fast paced, real-time nature of supporting a world-class Communications team. Highly creative work must be delivered within a news cycle, so a quick and creative thinker that enjoys tight deadlines is a must.
- Understands the QVC Group brand and is closely partnered with communication and HR teams.
- Keeps current with cultural, technological and market trends to inform strategic and creative development.
- Works with internal research teams and external specialists on research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic).
- Supports the development of accurate and insightful conclusions from research data, stakeholder conversations, and other inputs – problem-solving.
- Supports the development of focused creative briefs that are rooted in inspiring action as well as being a part of creative briefings, collaborating with, and supporting creative teams throughout the journey.
- Partners with stakeholder teams to convey/present strategies and solves.
- Adept at storytelling.
Degree and 5+ years of experience in creative, marketing, advertising or related fields.
Fluent in adobe creative suite.
Fluent in the digital and mobile space
Ability to travel domestically & internationally as needed
Individual with a curiosity to understand people, culture, and the world, with a desire to dig into what makes them tick.
Problem-Solver who is comfortable working in the “gray area” and coming out with clarity.
Clear Communicator with strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
Open-Minded Collaborator who can listen, partner across the organization – and compromise when needed.
Keeps knowledgeable of current and emerging digital and social media technologies, platforms and services, as well as traditional media.
Ability to work, grow and thrive in a fast-paced, highly energetic atmosphere.