The Brand Communications Manager will support the Communications team in the development and execution of all aspects of communications, including the implementation of national and local Public Relations programs and campaigns. This position will identify and maintain strong media relationships, ensure flawless proactive and reactive media relations, and will manage all issues with management and communication. This position will also seek key influencers and ensure strong community relationships, serve as the face of the client and agency in community relations opportunities as needed, and participate in weekly calibration meetings with the greater PR team.
• 4-6+ years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience
As Brand Communications Manager you are responsible for proactive and reactive media outreach.
• Drive media strategy and deliver strategic counsel to clients for all things media
• Lead media campaigns from start to finish (ideation through execution)
• Own relationships with national, regional and local media and new generation of media influencers
• Pitch and secure stories with key top-tier media and media influencers
• Serve as a key client contact and team lead for all media opportunities
• Develop story pitches and present to teams, clients, prospects
• Proofread and edit media content, as needed
• Immerse self in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage
• Consume all aspects of media and disseminate news trends to larger team
• Develop media plans for client and new business plans
• Provide client/spokesperson media training
• Collaborate on thought leadership, trend and brand media strategies
As Brand Communications Manager you are responsible for the development, execution and reporting for influencer marketing campaigns.
• Craft end-to-end full scale influencer campaigns including client briefing process, influencer identification, activation, content approvals, and reporting and analytics
• Act as the internal liaison from initial briefing through to final delivery of assets that include deliverables such as: weekly calls with client and agency partners, setting agendas, updating status docs, reporting, gathering influencer and talent manager feedback, etc.
• Manage campaign based or always on influencer budgets and optimize spend based on business goals and objectives
• Update and maintain Influencer database and build relationships with talent agencies, networks, and influencer platforms to continuously develop talent resources
• Track and synthesize ongoing trends in influencer marketing to ensure we are best in class
• Build new offerings as well as train and develop internal practitioners to ensure the team’s capabilities are evolving and staying ahead of the curve
• Oversee the strategy of key influencer marketing campaigns and maximize the efficiency and quality of the team to ensure all aspects of the campaign meet and exceed client expectations
• Take an active role in new business opportunities including writing RFP responses, developing pitch concepts, researching influencers, and contributing to pitch efforts
As Brand Communications Manager you are responsible for delivering on the Agency and client financial goals.
• Focus on staff retention to positively impact Agency revenue
• Work with Managing Director to ensure Agency revenue is aligned with scope of services and staffing
• Look for incremental growth through new opportunities
• Control expenses for the Agency as well as for the assigned market budgets
• Control Agency non-billable expenses
• Partner with account service to plan and reconcile client budget(s) with accuracy and in a timely manner.