Job Summary: Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Service Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of day-to-day branch operations with an emphasis on risk mitigation, regulatory compliance and maximization of sales referrals. Provide leadership to a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed sales goals and provide a consistent positive customer experience. This position is also responsible for a variety of duties focused on the development of new business, as well as retaining and expanding current relationships with customers. Depending on the office assigned, may be responsible for service management of specialty segments such as Priority, Cash and Save etc.
Major Responsibilities: Under guidance and direction from the Branch Manager, the Branch Service Manager will be responsible for: 30% Branch Operations /Risk Management/Compliance
- Partnering with the Branch Manager in training and supporting risk mitigation activities.
- Ensure understanding, knowledge and adherence to operating policies, procedures and regulatory requirements of branch staff.
- Effectively resolve problems, exceptions, and account adjustments.
- Approve or disapprove transactions within assigned authority limits. Transaction approval limits may vary based on branch level and complexity.
- Assist in managing personnel and operating expenses.
- Leverage workforce planning tools to optimize staffing.
- Security Coordinator for the branch.
25% Customer Service
- Lead, monitor and coach branch employees to deliver a consistent positive customer experience.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Act as liaison with other support areas of the Bank to resolve customer issues.
- When necessary, may be required to perform activities related to other branch positions (e.g. cash handling).
20% Training/Coaching Staff
- Assist in creating and managing a strong sales, service and operations culture, fostering an environment in which all branch employees excel and achieve scorecard goals.
- Coach and monitor staff to ensure consistent performance expectations are achieved.
- Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and training to branch employees to ensure they are able to perform their job effectively.
- Provide cross-training opportunities and direction for the career growth and development of employees.
- Partner with Branch Manager in the hiring and performance management of staff.
25% Sales Management Activities
- Coach tellers to effectively identify quality referral opportunities and refer appropriately.
- Maximize sales growth by developing and participating in customer acquisition and retention programs.
- Manage customer retention program and conduct retention calls and visits regularly.
- Open new consumer and business accounts as required by branch traffic and/or staffing.
- Represent the Bank by participating in local community activities.
The Branch Service Manager will assume overall responsibility for the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Typically requires 5+ years’ branch operations experience including management
- Requires strong sales and service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clients
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Working knowledge and experience with compliance regulations
- Thorough knowledge of banking practices, products and services
Requisition #: 10020890-WD