The Branch Manager is a highly motivated licensed, professional with management experience developing and guiding successful sales teams. Should possess superior knowledge of all products and strategies available to meet client needs.
Primary focus is to lead, coach, develop and support their team of 5 – 10 professionals which may include Sr. Financial Consultants, Financial Consultants and Client Services Specialists.
Focused effort placed on the development of their client-focused sales team who provides investors with broad range of brokerage, mutual fund, and consumer financial products and services on an integrated basis.
- Meet or exceed the TD Ameritrade Branch Management Sales Performance Minimums on both a quarterly and annual basis across all facets of the TD Ameritrade product and service platforms.
- Continuous focus on growing sales knowledge, staying current with industry and market trends, improving processes, and enhancing the client experience.
- Adapt coaching and influence strategies to effectively motivate, influence, inspire, recognize, and engage Associates.
- Lead the branch team to achieve designated Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) goals.
- Adheres to all compliance/risk procedures, follows corporate and industry protocols, and acts in a manner which protects the interests of the customer and TD Ameritrade at all times.
- Has developed standard end-to-end processes to manage resources, risk quality, and deliverables.
- Creates and maintains short and long term staffing plans and successfully builds pipeline of candidates so as to minimize time to fill open positions
- Models and exhibits self-imposed high standards, integrity and ethical behavior at all times.
- Solid understanding of industry and investment knowledge.
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements related to the industry.
- Demonstrated success in sales management and achievement in the industry.
- Successful experience and proven track record in growing sales.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with clients, prospects, business partners and direct reports.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills with exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills with both individuals and groups.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Series 7, Series 66 (or 63/65) and Series 24 (or 9/10)
- 4 year college degree.
- 3-5 years sales management experience
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.