If you’re someone with a true passion for Mechanical Service and Building Automation Systems, we’re looking for you to be our next Enviser©! At Envise, we seek people that don’t just follow a career path but blaze their own. People who want to apply innovation to their problem solving and embrace the concept of full collaboration between disciplines work at Envise. We appreciate the spirit of integrity and entrepreneurialism with which our people act and have learned that the more opportunity we allow our employees, the greater the results. Each part of our business is interconnected and requires input from others, which has led to the collaborative setting from which we thrive. Join our team and become a part of an organization that values work-life balance, community, and exceptional quality of work.
Who We Are:
Envise is a wholly owned subsidiary of Southland Industries . As a building management systems integrator, Envise unites analytics, building automation, and equipment lifecycle management. Resulting in higher building performance, the organization’s integrated, data-driven approach helps improve facilities throughout the building lifecycle. Helping to manage both facilities and budgets, the knowledgeable experts at Envise form long-term, collaborative partnerships to meet customers’ goals and deliver customized building solutions (www.enviseco.com).
We are currently seeking a Branch Manager (BM) to join our rapidly growing team. This person will be responsible for providing the leadership and support necessary to achieve the goals established for the local controls and service organization. The BM will have overall local P&L responsibility for the division and will provide the motivation and leadership for the branch controls and service sales staff, operations personnel, and the delivery teams.
The BM will directly lead the local sales team and must be skilled in executing and supervising an outside sales team required to sell building controls, services, building optimization retrofits, and predictive technology based solutions to our customers. The BM will drive growth in both the controls and branch service businesses through new customer acquisition, as well as deeper penetration into the existing customer base.
What you will do:
- Assumes full operational responsibility for all P&L related activities.
- Work with corporate leadership to establish branch strategic and operating plans including budgets, growth and profit objectives, results measurements and resource plan to achieve objectives within both the controls and service businesses.
- Engages and motivates sales, operations, engineering and support functions in successful development, execution and results achievements in alignment with overall division business objectives.
- Manage sales resources and actively participate in selling efforts that result in winning new business.
- Recruit, hire and retain successful employees for the organization.
- Build a climate of success by building trusting relationships between employees, management, customers, and other Southland divisions.
- Create and maintain a professional, winning environment for the employees and customers.
- Implement market strategies that result in growth of service and controls revenues.
- Adopts and implements a continuous improvement philosophy throughout the branch
- Provide leadership to ensure that the division ultimately achieves 100%customer satisfaction as measured by our net promoter score (NPS).
- Monitor the administrative transactions to support the proper accounting of the business.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Leads the sales team’s efforts to increase our installed base of controlsystems, grow our service business, and introduce new offerings to our customers. Coaching salesstrategy, training and developing selling skills, and overall team development are expected primary sales leadership activities.
- Direct supervision of operations management in the execution of our customer commitments. Ensures that the operations team meets or exceeds its annual business plan targets, maintains a climate of success for its employees, and achieves high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Supervision of administrative support staff to ensure adherence to internal processes and full adoption of our enterprise financial system (COINS). This includes adoption of a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Supervise employees of the branch to assist them in achieving their individual targets.
- The Branch Manager is the primary sales leader for all business development efforts and focuses on the growth of both the building automation and service businesses through owner or othercontractor direct standalone projects as well as through ongoing service, maintenance and retrofit contracts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and current major customers through personal contact at the decision level to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establishes a team culture among division personnel and holds the team accountable for a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Implements performance management in a disciplined manner including, but not limited to, personnel development plans, goal setting, regularly scheduled 1-1’s, and quarterly goal reviews.
What you will need to be successful:
- Expert sales, contracting, operations, and people management skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading at the individual level, team level and organizational level, including the ability to develop and lead hhigh-performancework teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal.
- Must have a proven track record of success in sales management, including strong coaching and development skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees.
- Knowledge of Energy Management ControlSystems, HVAC and overall building systems is required. Delta Controls product knowledge preferred but not required.
- Substantial business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a P&L.
- Minimal travelrequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other related field required. Advance degree (MS or MBA) preferred but not required.
- 7-10+ year’s sales management experience for a controlsystems and/or HVAC organization.