In this key leadership role, you will assume responsibility for the overall success of the branch by working to meet financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch’s personal and business portfolio.
You will be accountable for the achievement of objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness with a focus on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
Responsible for ensuring a high level of employee engagement and capability, you will provide direction to branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture.
To achieve success, you will embed and sustain a variety of fundamental management activities within the branch while selling customized financial solutions that employ a financial planning approach which meets both customer needs as well as overall business objectives.
- Lead and develop the team to build and strengthen existing and new customer relationships by providing financial advice to both personal and business customers
- Continuously develop employee skills and knowledge through focused coaching to ensure the provision of excellent customer service
- Protect the bank, the customer and shareholder interest by managing and minimizing the bank’s exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of branch objectives through the negotiation, establishment and monitoring of goals
- Oversee the implementation of established bank policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures
- Experience in both personal and small business banking
- A minimum of five years’ experience managing people
- Excellent coaching skills with successful experience developing and mentoring a team of employees and assisting them with their career progression
- Experience managing a team to achieve successful results
- Ability to effectively assess local market conditions
- Ability to source and obtain new business through relationship building
- Proven success in attaining individual results and goals
Education and Accreditations:
- Licensed to sell Mutual Funds
- Able to satisfy the education requirements needed to assume the role of Branch Compliance Officer
- Willing and able to obtain a Personal Financial Planning designation
- University degree, college diploma or related experience
Requisition ID: 21144