11 - 15 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Reaction Search International is a global retained executive search firm. We are currently working with a key client of ours that is a leading manufacturer and service provider of commercial refrigeration systems. They have an urgent need to hire a Branch Manager to join their team.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
· The Branch Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the day-to-day operations.
· S/he is responsible for overseeing a management team that drives project delivery, forecasting, and financial management for the project portfolio.
· The Branch Manager will oversee a team that is responsible for determining project resource levels to attain scheduled milestones and monitors workforce levels to ensure conformance with the construction plan. S/he controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
· Management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, coaching, training and development, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
· Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others. Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
· Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate while ensuring that facility-wide service goals are met.
· This leader will ensure that all information within a facility is collected, stored and reported accurately and timely according to established administrative processes.
· Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters.
· The Branch Manager will manage support services (Information Technology, Finance, Human Resources) and third party relations, behave ethically, communicate effectively, and create and foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration while behaving ethically. The Branch Manager will be an effective communicator, and will use creativity and innovation to develop new and unique ways to improve the company’s operations.
· This Branch Manager will be able to positivity influence others to achieve results, and will be responsible for working cooperatively with others to set and achieve goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· S/he will set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
· Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
· Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· BA or BS degree in construction management or related field.
· MBA preferred.
Experience & Competencies
· 10-15years of experience managing operations and teams for a construction and services business.
· Previous experienceworking withmechanical products and services.
· Computer skills – Microsoft Office (outlook email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Must have capability to learnother computer applications (Maxwell, etc.).
· Must be capable of reading, writing and speaking the English language effectively. Spanish is a plus, but not required.
· Must be able to communicate information and instructions in writing to members of the organization and third parties, professionally.
· Must be able to work with large dollar amounts and be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent with the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs and tracking documents.
· Ability to identify and mitigate issues, make sound judgments and decisions.
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and achieve high performance standards.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and rapid changes.
· Ability to work independently and within teams as needed.
· Must demonstrate high moral values of honesty, integrity and ethical behavior.