Are you looking to take that next step in your career? Do you want to join a company that takes care of their employees and takes pride in their work? Then this opportunity may be for you.
Our client, and industry leading asphalt and paving company is seeking a new Manager for one of their satellite offices. They are highly respected in the area with great employee tenure so act now to apply for this rare opening.
- Oversee the Office and Staff at location.
- Oversee Maintenance Shop and Yard
- Lead estimating efforts to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
- Coordinate with Regional Construction Superintendent to appropriately staff and schedule work with an emphasis on efficiency.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule, to ensure projects meet or exceed profit goals.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Visit jobs to troubleshoot and coordinate with the field operations to resolve project issues.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Assuring monthly executive summary reports are assembled timely and distributed to owner’s representatives for all construction management projects. Follow-up with owners on any concerns after the reports are distributed.
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions, mentoring others and enforce safety program on projects.
- BS/BA degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
- Experience with HCSS Heavybid to develop cost estimates and project budgets (required).
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.
- Preferred, but not required: Experience working on projects owned by the Maryland State Highway Administration and the Delaware Department of Transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Word, Excel, Outlook, HCSS HeavyBid and HeavyJob
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times