Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
5 - 7 years
Posted 420 days ago
- Develops, implements and manages the Branch business plan and operating budget, including operating, financial and sales objectives.
- Directs all aspects and daily operations of the facility to ensure safety, efficiency and profitability.
- Reviews and analyzes progress towards the achievement of sales forecasts and operational objectives on a regular basis, and initiates action as required.
- Manages and responsible for sales forecasts and expected final results.
- Defines level of service consistent with sales volume and profit margins.
- Responsible for all aspects of human resource management within the Branch including hiring, promoting, performance management, coaching and discharging within company policy and regulatory compliance. Responsible for managing within and implementing the terms and conditions of the collective agreement(s), where applicable.
- Provide for effective staff development and training of Branch.
- Responsible for the record keeping functions in recording sales and monies received, in maintaining inventory records, in requisitioning supplies in accordance to sales projections and movement of product within the market area.
- Manages all aspects of physical resources including maintenance and repair, compliance with industry and CPS regulations and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment at the Branch.
- Responsible for retail audits.
- Manages and responsible for inventory quantity and quality to ensure Branch will meet sales commitments and end-use customer programs.
- Analyses capital requirements and provides recommendations regarding capital budget needs.
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, division management and other appropriate industry personnel to promote CPS products and services.
- Responsible for and manages all invoicing and accounts receivable in accordance with company policy. Develops and implements a collection process as required.
- Continued education on the development of agricultural products/practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Ag Business, with a track record in sales, marketing, or branch management
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with the ability to lead and influence
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract