As the Branch Manager you will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities. Ability to staff and direct a growing sales team and provide leadership to achieve maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values is expected. As the Branch Manager establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contribute to the development of training, performance management and leadership is needed. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
* Establish and maintain a positive team atmosphere in which your sales team feels supported
* Coach, motivate and inspire the team to achieve and exceed sales targets
* Insures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes
* Develop rapport with Account Executives to gain their trust and confidence
* Develop performance objectives with the sales reps, clearly articulating responsibilities and expectations
* Encourage staff to suggest ways to improve services and listen to their ideas and acknowledge their points of view
* Promote professional development amongst Account Executives by encouraging training and other resources to enhance skills
* Create an atmosphere that allows Account Executives to discuss issues and find solutions together
* Set clear goals that provide people with clear actionable performance standards
* Manage individual subordinates' performance based on agreed set of objectives by providing timely performance feedback and taking disciplinary action when necessary
* Partner with Account Executives to ensure shared accountability on all quality, quantity, and timeliness standards
* Provide strong leadership to staff by creating a positive work environment
* Communicate company vision and overall sales objectives to reps and how they personally contribute to the company's success
* Manage employees with a sense of integrity, creativity, fairness and assertiveness
* Be an available resource to your team to assist in resolving issues finding alternative solutions
* Understanding of Patriot Energy Group's Industry and solutions
* Knowledge of PEG's market strategy, competitive landscape, unique value proposition, how we compete and win in the market, and our financial metrics
* Keep current with the competitor activities and industry changes that affect product sales information
* Understand how to improve sales team's ability to spot emerging customer opportunities
* 3 years prior sales management experience and a minimum of 5 years direct business-to-business sales or equivalent is required
* Ability to be a strong leader
* Sales management in a Business-to-Business environment
* Prior experience in the Energy Industry is required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced and complex environment
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel preferred
Founded in 2002, Patriot Energy Group is a client side energy management firm that works closely with businesses to help manage the risks associated with electricity and natural gas costs. We strive to understand our clients' objectives and take the time to ask our clients questions in order to evaluate their needs. By doing so we're able to design purchasing strategies best suited for the short and long-term business goals of our clients.
As the largest retail electric and natural gas consultant and manager in the Northeast, we are experiencing growth and looking for high-energy hunters to join our fast-paced, client-focused organization as Energy Consultants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.