$80K — $100K *
The primary focus of the role is to drive revenue, increase profit before taxes, and manage risk within their branch. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership, and assuming accountability for the Branch’s results. In addition, a large emphasis will be placed on the recruitment and retention of Financial Advisors. Non-producing Branch Managers must be responsible for fiscal management, personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices, and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. The Non-Producing Branch Manager will report into the Complex Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Has a thorough understanding of the Firm’s products and those of its strategic partners; uses this knowledge to provide resources and direction in order to drive sales.
· Knows where the resources are; able to direct the sales force to the right resources in an efficient manner as to make the sales process more efficient.
· Effectively applies product/business knowledge to recruiting efforts; able to “translate” competitor offerings into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management products, and understand and explain how a recruit will be able to continue to help meet their clients’ needs.
· Seeks opportunities to grow business and drive sales by capitalizing on firm initiatives; focuses on building strong relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to achieve the marketing efforts of the Branch.
· Drives corporate marketing initiatives to help increase market share in High Net Worth households.
· Builds effective teams by constantly communicating relevant information on a timely basis and conducting regular meetings.
· Participates in Region and Complex initiatives, including sales, hiring, recruitment, diversity, and community outreach.
· Responsible for growing their branch through hiring, lateral recruiting and training.
· Leads by example by ensuring that the Branch Manager’s office is consistently achieving the
objectives of the US Wealth Management Group, maintains a positive morale, has a strong track record of growth, has ethical business practices, and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and respect for others.
· Leads proactively by identifying trends, potential areas of growth and weakness and addressing these areas in order to positively position the Region within the geographic market.
· Leads Branch efforts of Sales and results.
· Identifies key talent in the Branch, positions and develops that talent, and encourages those individuals to participate in the leadership of the Branch and Region.
· Leverages the resources of the Firm to achieve the highest level of success.
· Acts as a coach and mentor for Financial Advisors in order to drive results.
· Accountable for the Branch’s sales performance and financial performance.
· Responsible for regulatory, legal and compliance issues including: Risk management for the Branch in regards to monitoring sales, human resources, and legal and regulatory practices.
· Responsible for establishing a core compliance model in offices under supervision.
· Responsible for following supervisory procedures as outlined in the Branch Manager’s Supervisory Manual
· Responsible for executing the Annual Supervisory Plan.
· Responsible for effectively communicating the status of performance and issues to the Complex Manager
Education and/or Experience
· 5 or more years of related experience and/or training including demonstrated success managing a substantial branch office or equivalent.
Licenses and Registrations
· Active Series 7, 8 (or 9 and 10), 66 (or 63 and 65) and 3 registrations (Series 31 acceptable if branch conducts managed futures business only)
· Other licenses as required for role or by management
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to think critically
· Ability to manage a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to interact with senior management team, Financial Advisors, support staff, clients and corporate and field personnel as needed
· Ability to own projects at a Branch level
· Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete projects
· Direct: Complex Manager
· Financial Advisors, Branch Support Staff, and in some circumstances Resident Manager and/or Producing Branch Managers.
· This list is meant to be directional and should not be considered complete, as it may be supplemented on an as needed basis.
Valid through: 11/13/2020