Create an environment that inspires and engages the branch team to deliver results; Accountable for the successful execution of safe and profitable branch operations, business strategy, customer service, and consistent compliance with MRC procedures and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Engage employees in understanding, ownership, and compliance with all safety guidelines; drive a rigorous approach to the identification and correction of hazards, evaluation of risks, and implementation of prevention and control measures;
- Ensure all required incident reporting is performed in a timely manner using appropriate process; Oversee the implementation of corrective measures arising from incident investigation and hazard reports;
- Prepare the branch budget and monitor expenditures to ensure compliance;
- Monitor work flows throughout the branch to ensure timely accomplishment of sales, service, warehouse and logistics duties;
- Ensure cycle count programs are executed according to plan;
- Lead employees to anticipate and solve problems and plan for workload changes;
- Motivate and challenge employees and encourage growth and development; Promote strengths; address weaknesses;
- Set clear expectations and measure results. Communicate consistently. Provide timely, candid feedback and hold people accountable;
- Identify and initiate or obtain training required for employee success in performing duties;
- Maintain confidential information pertaining to normal supervisory duties;
- Administer, communicate, and promote awareness and compliance with MRC policies, procedures and expectations to all employees, to include strict enforcement and compliance with DOT and SOX compliance guidelines;
- Develop annual branch business plans to ensure development of current business and the addition of new business;
- Control, perform or oversee inside and outside sales activities including customer service, purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving, or support to sales personnel;
- Research and develop information on new projects;
- Develop new business; utilize and partner with regional and corporate resources and sales teams to identify and drive growth in key markets;
- Tailor branch strategy to ensure alignment with National Accounts service, support, and strategic needs;
- Identify and implement solutions to customers' needs;
- Develop and maintain standards of service that deliver unbeatable excellence;
- Communicate honestly and consistently to reaffirm MRC's reputation for ethical and dependable partnership;
- Establish a friendly and effective working relationship with customers and internal partners through in-person visits, written and verbal correspondence, and other effective interpersonal skills;
- Keep management informed of the area's performance; provide advice on those matters that are mutually pertinent;
- Manage confidential information appropriately, to include pricing and contract information, resale costs, and expense items;
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations;
- Willingness and ability to be on call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy;
- Certification or ability to be certified to operate fork trucks, overhead cranes, and other heavy equipment:
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.