PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Responsible for providing management, supervision, and leadership of the operations of the location including personnel, scheduling, logistics, product handling, application services, customer satisfaction, and ensuring growth and profitability.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
Supervises, leads, and develops the employees at the assigned location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises all operations at the location.
- Directs the operations, develops and implements grain marketing and sales programs, communications, budgets, and ensures the growth and profitability of the location.
- Hires, supervises, leads and develops both full-time and part-time assigned employees required to operate the facility.
- Trains employees to meet state, federal, and company regulatory and safety criteria.
- Collaborates with operations personnel to ensure all equipment, rolling stock, and facilities are in good working order.
- Ensures the maximum utilization efficiency of all facility equipment and takes ownership for the quality and quantity of all inventory.
- Maintains all necessary permits and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Develops and implements business plans that maximize location profitability.
- Holds monthly location meetings and attend monthly Branch Manager meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with annual budget planning process.
- Supports and contributes to total company goals and objectives through collaboration efforts.
- Responsible for interpreting marketing reports, technical information, and other market data to disseminate information and recommendations to customers.
- Communicates professionally and provides optimal customer service.
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree in Ag Economics, Ag Marketing, Ag Business, or similar field and 6 or more years of supervisory related work experience to demonstrate knowledge to effectively manage the facility and personnel.
Understanding and experience with general business concepts such as competitive adeptness, inventory management, and customer’s credit worthiness.
Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and have the ability to travel independently.
Product knowledge and proficiency, including but not limited to: fertilizers, agricultural chemicals, seed, soil needs, and feed products.
Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
Req Id 66921