Branch Manager (Industrial Distribution, Sales)
Sales manager professionals—don’t pass up this opportunity for a great new career with a global industrialdistribution company that combines sales leadership with P&L responsibility. Applied is an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative, quality industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it.
As Branch Manager, you will have P&L responsibility allowing you to showcase not only your sales development, strategic planning, administrative and project management skills, but also your coaching and mentoring abilities. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will lead the Inside and Outside Sales team. If you relish the idea of serving industrial B2B customers through everything, from hands-on operational duties, to salesmanship and team motivation efforts, this could be the perfect career choice for you!
Much of your time will be in the field, calling on and developing customers both personally and coaching Account Managers. Our diverse customer base includes agriculture, food, aggregate, mining, manufacturing, schools, hospitals, government, and more.
Manage overall service center activities including profitability & growth, inside & outside sales & service, programs & activities related to product promotions, office & warehouse functions. Service Center P&L responsibility, top and bottom line.
- Hire, train, & develop strong performing team players. Champion leadership competencies
- Lead training for sales expertise & product knowledge. Ensure high customer relations & satisfaction
- Develop, manage & implement service center sales activities & strategies, account assignment & territory management, sales performance goal achievement, margins
- Identify & evaluate new customers, market conditions, opportunities, competitive pressures
- Recommend & implement actions to maximize sales, increase margins, expand market share
- Personal assigned accounts as required
- Leadership by example. Create a positive, dynamic, and fun work environment
- 3+ years proven B2B outside industrial sales experience, OR 3+ years inside sales with hydraulics and/or power transmission products
- Leadership experience, team building. Industrial sales / sales management exp preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication, including English grammar
- Ability / desire to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Problem solving, multi-tasking, sense of urgency, sense of humor
- Solid computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (MVR)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bearings and/or power transmission sales experiencea plus
As a Branch Manager with Applied, you will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities.
- Company vehicle
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) w/ company match
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, tuition reimbursement
- Personalized training and development program
- Career development and advancement opportunities