Responsible for development and maintenance of an efficient and profitable operation providing full scale air, ocean and ground transportation, logistics services and value-added services. Maintain effective business relationships within Global network and with all clients. Responsible for growth of business in the region to meet targeted revenue, gross profit, operating expense and net income goals and plans. Develop a strong and effective team, as well as succession planning and quality of personnel depth in branches / region. Contribute expert knowledge during discussions of critical business issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish operational policies and plans in accordance with the Company’s overall business goals, objectives, philosophy and policies.
- Lead personnel in the development and maintenance of a high performing, customer-focused branch facility (operations, sales and customer service functions) and region. Prepare, implement, and manage strategic and operational plans to meet short and long-term objectives and goals.
- Develop and attain an aggressive operational budget and business plan, contributing to the profitable growth of the region.
- Implement continuous operational improvement processes designed to achieve operational excellence and defined performance metrics. Ensure employees are trained, measured, coached and managed in the execution of global operational processes and standards, company business and human resource practices.
- Negotiate and monitor supplier, vendor contracts as necessary (e.g., negotiate with ocean carriers, resolve exceptional claims or disputes).
- Develop and maintain presence in local trade / shipping community (e.g. networking within related associations), relationships with ocean and air carrier representatives, regular contact with major clients and successful business relationships within Global Network.
- Prepare timely, accurate management information and reporting as specified and requested by the company policies.
- Create environment of respectful, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Expertly interact with colleagues and affiliates to develop strategies for growth and establish credibility.
- Interview, hire and maintain appropriate staffing levels. Encourage and administer appropriate professional development and training. Administer performance reviews.
- Ensure a clean, properly organized, safe, healthy and professional business facility and environment for all personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in international transportation and logistics or related degreeor 7-10 years in logistics and international transportation, freight forwarding, (operations, sales, or combination) or a combination.
- Proven track record in leading/managing international operations and/or sales efforts
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and international laws and regulations (Federal Maritime Commissions, Interstate Commerce Commission, Customs, environmental, import/export, maritime, human resources).
- Demonstrated strong leadership, business planning, financial analysis, negotiation and customer satisfaction skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective organization and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a business environment characterized by complexity, ambiguity and rapid change
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, change management and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve customer complaints and problems and restore or maintain business
- Multi-lingual language proficiency in some locations
- MBA in supply chain management or related field
- Ability to travel to both international and domestic sites
- Prior international travelexperience with some knowledge of associated local customs and cultures