As a Branch Manager II, the key responsibilities are the administration and efficient daily operation of the branch in operational integrity, relationship sales management, customer service excellence, branch security and facilities. Position will require outside community involvement and outside calling efforts. The Branch Manager II role also focuses on the primary core expectations of operational integrity, expanding customer relationships, positively influencing and developing staff, and requires some time (approximately 25%) being spent building business contacts and networks outside the branch to cultivate new business. Must partner well with other lines of business by referring business opportunities and working closely with Bank leadership to agree upon strategies that deliver on Branch profitability. Responsible for hiring and management of branch staff and adhering to and delivering communications to all branch staff concerning branch activities in accordance with bank strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Manages employees, organizes and directs activities, maximizes branch profitability, provides high level of quality customer service, and has overall daily operational responsibility for the performance of a full service branch.
- Recruits, selects, trains, motivates, and develops assigned staff; completes and conducts performance appraisals; acts as final authority for issue resolution at branch level.
- Oversees organization and execution of branch relationship sales management, operational integrity, and service excellence processes and procedures to maximize customer service; staff productivity, and operational efficiencies.
- Ensures staff compliance with bank regulations, requirements, and procedures; ensures staff follows operational and security policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages profitable, multi-product relationships with individuals, small businesses, and small business management teams.
- Calls on existing customers to deepen and enhance banking relationships based on client needs.
- Participate in joint calls with lender(s) as a product knowledge expert.
- Achieves and/or exceeds established branch performance and personal production goals; ensures that staff members meet established personal and production goals.
- Manages cost effectiveness of the branch to maximize profitability.
- Educates branch staff on CRA requirements including documentation; directs overall CRA efforts for the branch.
- Oversees relationship-selling efforts of branch staff; facilitates staff referrals and working relationships with other LOB partners.
- Key person responsible for satisfactory audits and a variety of branch reporting related to branch activities as a whole.
- Approves customer overdrafts and other transactions in accordance with established authority levels/limits.
- Establishes and oversees staff training and development plans; coaches employees daily in appropriated operational practices and methods.
- Receives and resolves routine and/or difficult customer issues and inquiries.
- Manages the facility needs of the Branch.
- Must be involved in community organizations, conduct outside business development, and active in setting Bank at Work appointments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencerequired. For degree, Business or related field preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience in banking with at least three years of direct branch management experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal Reserve and other regulatory guidelines and operating procedures as well as general bank operations related to the servicing of checking accounts, ATMs, and other bank services.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.