EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibility of the Branch Manager is to maximize the profitability of the branch and to lead the branch team in creating a culture of excellence in service and operations. Profitability is achieved through customer acquisition, retention and referrals to business partners. This position develops and executes a strategic plan that includes sales production, marketing and community involvement along with staff coaching and development. The Branch Manager actively makes outside sales calls that are results oriented. Effectively manages and grows a book of business, takes a leadership role within the community including sponsorship of and participation in community events. This position is responsible for the branch budget, operations, audits, compliance, security and safety. The Branch Manager will build, lead and develop their branch team so that our clients will know HomeStreet as the trusted provider and preferredsource of financial services.
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship and community strategies that are aligned with the branch’s business plan and that grow the customer base. Strategies include but are not limited to cold/appointment calls, outbound telephone calls, in person meetings, business networking and participation in branch and community events. May conduct educational seminars.
- Research branch market area to create and implement effective sales techniques which will generate additional new accounts and new deposits.
- Develop and coach branch team profiling and sales skills while ensuring high product knowledge.
- Implement tactical plans to actively call on new and prospective customers, exploring needs and cross-selling bank products and services.
- Ensure branch team is actively profiling customers in order to understand their complete financial picture and to identify opportunities to deepen our relationship.
- Identify clients who are not profitable and manage the relationship to be a more profitable one.
- Work with the Customer Service Supervisor to establish sales goals for branch team.
- Work closely with other business lines to partner in joint marketing plans and cross-selling efforts.
- Sources Small business credit opportunities and facilitates application process
- Coaches team to participation in initiating quality Relationship Referrals to partner business lines
- Leads branch team to identifying and processing Consumer loans
Customer Service/Retention Activities
- Creates a warm, welcoming and friendly experience for all customers and employees. Models exemplary customer service qualities demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and customer first culture. Responsible for overseeing efficient lobby management and in building a trusting, seamless and superior branch experience for customers.
- Works with staff to generate ways to pleasantly surprise customers, differentiating the bank from competitors.
- Proactively educates customers on utilizing available access channels.
- Assists customers with account servicing needs and resolves difficult customer issues withdiplomacy.
- Conducts care calls with consumer and business clients to ensure satisfaction
- May process transactions and account maintenance activities including processing daily transactions, opening a cash drawer, balancing the ATM, Wire Transfers, and/or acting as a back-up for the vault banker. Serves as a resource for complex account servicing needs.
- Hires and develops quality staff ensuring proper skills and staffing levels to ensure the highest level of customer service. Quickly resolves issues of non-performance including termination in accordance with HomeStreet’s policies and procedures.
- Conducts annual performance and compensation reviews for direct reports.
- Ensures all employee related actions comply with HSB policies and procedures as well as all employment laws and regulations.
- Provides coaching to the staff on the day-to-day operations of the branch as needed.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained in sales and service techniques. Models sales process skills and customer advocacy.
- Monitors and tracks sales and service performance of staff making adjustments as necessary.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates regularly with staff about the banks’ strategic vision including customer advocacy.
- Oversees branch facility management such as maintenance, repairs, remodeling and branch security.
- Educates and guides branch staff to appropriate escalation processes.
- Promotes core deposit growth through creation and management of in branch salespromotions.
- Operate within the annual branch budget and revenue projections during the year, communicating goals to staff.
- Determine guidelines for rejects/returns within the branch operation application based on parameters set by retail leadership. May support staff with risk assessment decisions and determine rejects/returns utilizing defined approval authority.
- Ultimately accountable for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices.
- Partners with Customer Service Supervisor in the completion of monthly audits.
Community Relations Activities
- Develop and implement a community relations plan in partnershipwith the Community Relations and Marketing Departments. Emphasis will be on leadership opportunities with CRA focused organizations.
- Work with the Marketing Department to plan and coordinate branch events.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a bank branch environment as an Assistant Branch Manager Customer, Business Development Officer, Customer Service Supervisor, Branch Manager, or equivalent.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to asses and manage risk. Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills.
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven sales results and sales management skills. Demonstrated skill in soliciting business for bank deposit products and services. Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and bank products. Proven ability to retain existing customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required. Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong people relations skills and ability to work with employees and customers in a cooperative manner. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledgeable of changes in the banking industry and in bankingtechnology.
- Ability to embrace and facilitate change, caused by customer demands, corporate needs, or regulatory requirements.
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and liability insurance required.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.