Herc Rentals is a premier full-line equipment-rental company — providing our customers the equipment solutions they need to get their work done safely, confidently and cost effectively, while enabling them to conserve capital for their growth investments.
With over 50 years of equipment-rental expertise, approximately 4,800 employees with approximately 275 company operated locations, principally in North America. Herc Rentals is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation; industrial & manufacturing; oil & gas; government & municipalities; construction, mining, & energy; remediation & restoration; emergency response; facilities; MRO; entertainment; and ground care.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
The Branch Manager leads in the management and direction of the branch to ensure positive revenue generation, providing the highest standard of customer service and continued excellence in productivity. The Branch Manager identifies areas of improving its competitive position as well as maximizing the profitability of the work location. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skills with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
- Profit and loss reporting and budgetary planning
- Operational reviews and processes
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers
- Employee relations and maintaining appropriate staffing levels
- Fleet management
- Developing, implementing and training staff on safety plans
- Maintaining federal compliance with OSHA regulations and DOT standards
- Conducting audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related industry/field preferred
- 5 to 10 years of progressive operational management experience in the equipment rental or related industry.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Leadership abilities - demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Management - ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and people.
- Change management and organizational development experience is a preference.
- Sales, financial and employee development acumen. Previous experienceworking with Profit and loss statements.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Employee training and development.
- Good judgment and strong decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- A strong team player, experience with high performance teams.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer competence.
- Ability to travel.