Oversees and manages the activities of all departments of the branch, including responsibility for all P&L, assets, safety, and adherence to policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Supports and monitors the sales force efforts, including customer contacts, estimating, sales calls, etc. Maintains contacts with managers of key customers to further relationship and build team spirit.
2. Supports and monitors operations activities of the branch through routine operations meetings, resolving issues relating to allocation of inventory and ensuring appropriate management of operations assets.
3. Supports and monitors administrative activities including collections, providing guidance over customer disputes, communication with attorneys, A/P review and A/R review.
4. Budgeting and forecasting future business trends, branch volume and profit. Identifies areas of concern as well as oversees cash flow analysis for the company. Keeps up to date with business market trends. Oversees strategic planning for branch and provides input into planning for corporate office.
5. Completes and conducts employee reviews and deals with personnel matters related to recruiting, counseling, and discipline.
6. Attends branch/company meetings
7. Negotiates labor/union agreements, if applicable.
8. Oversees completing of safety audits.
9. Participates in job site visits.
10. Other duties/projects as assigned and appropriate, such as participation in various company committees/teams.
Manages various subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in the Administration, Operations and Sales departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in business, construction management, engineering or similar discipline; plus previous construction industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Experience in forecasting, monitoring and motivating sales force required. Previous management experiencerequired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint preferred.
Ability to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to loud.