Posting Number: 201921TL
Job Title: Branch Manager
Location: Denver, Colorado
Summary: The Branch Manager is responsible for oversight of a team of Account Managers ensuring that all daily tasks are completed in accordance with customer-specific and/or team-specific standard operating procedures. You will focus on internal process improvements that enable operation efficiencies and profitability. This role is responsible for establishing internal team productivity metrics and holding team accountable to meeting production targets, SOP compliance and service expectations. Engage the brokerage staff to access current market conditions and trends to support customer needs.
- Provide leadership and management for the freight brokerage team and manage performance.
- Interact with the sales team to grow the business with existing customers and new business opportunities.
- Lead team to ensure all shipments are tracked and traced across different modes of transit and update TMS systems accordingly.
- Educate and develop a team that has the skills necessary to provide customer solutions 24/7/365.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements for logistics team.
- Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers, carriers, co-workers, and leadership.
- Serve as the escalation point for all operational issues.
- Partner with the Carrier Development Team to establish and maintain proper carrier qualification protocols.
- Assist Finance in developing budgets and cash-flow management strategies.
- Anticipate and communicate employment needs to Human Resources to determine best course of action regarding staffing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with freight brokerage operations
- Ability to develop and present information professionally to internal and external management/customers.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management or supervisory role.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy, and authority, when necessary.
- Experience with transportation management systems (Mercury Gate, McLeod, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations required.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less
Only candidates who appear to meet the above criteria will receive an immediate response. Other resumes will be added to our database of active candidates for one year for other positions that come available and are a match with their background.