Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
We're seeking a Branch Manager to run all activities in a branch office. In the role, you will operate the Branch efficiently, delivering a consistent customer experience and mentoring sales and service staff. You will also ensure that the Branch meets its sales and profitability goals.
- Run branch as a profit center at approved expenditure levels.
- Review, control, and report on general ledger activity.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees for hire.
- Train branch personnel, including evaluations, performance reviews, and deciding on promotions and salaries.
- Assign work to staff and plan work schedules.
- Evaluate processes and workflow to improve efficiency.
- Provide feedback to staff. Administer counseling, corrective action processes, and all disciplinary actions, including termination decisions.
- Translate Bank strategic sales initiatives into specific branch activities.
- Build the strategy to acquire, retain, and expand the Branch's customer base and achieve maximum profitability and growth.
- Prepare plans for individuals and branch teams in search of sales leads and prospects.
- Mentor sales staff to build effective communication and understand training needs.
- Assist sales staff in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the company's products or services.
- Train branch personnel on operating risk issues and handling of exceptions and adjustments.
- Act as branch safety and security officer to ensure that the office is operating in a safe and effective manner.
The right candidate will have:
- 5 - 7 years' experience in financial services with an emphasis in the management of staff for sales production for consumer, small business lending, and if assigned, specialty segments such Cash and Save, Priority etc.
- Commercial lending, direct lending or commercial loan underwriting experience with a history of delegated lending authority
- Supervisory, administrative, and analytical skills and experience
- Customer service, communications, and time management skills
- Knowledge of operations and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Current portfolio of business or community networking contacts,