The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking a Branch Manager to join our Oakland, CA branch operations team!
You’ll Find It With Us!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com.
- Leads, supervises, manages, motivates, and trains up to 10 employees engaged in the sales and distribution of gases and welding supplies.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing, merchandise displays.
- Supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for accounting department.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.Answers customers’ complaints orinquiries regarding welding equipment operation and service, as well as handling of gas cylinders.
- Locks and secures store.
- Prepares market and competitor information, annual sales analyses, and forecast for Area Manager.
- Investigates and reports any injuries or accidents.
- Maintains facility in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ensures vehicles/plant equipment are safe and maintained in good mechanical condition.
- Maintains all DOT complaint service records.
- Performs mathematical calculations.
- Ensures all accounting and internal control policies and procedures are followed.
- Leads, supervises, manages, motivates, and trains up to 10 employees.
- Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from company employees.
- Completes and turns in sales-related paperwork (e.g. shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of all order-entry, data research, and other computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order statuses, times of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled; provides follow-up as necessary.
- Leads and promotes safety by organizing safety meetings and strictly enforcing safety rules.
- Receives and returns phone calls, faxes, inquiries, etc. from customers and vendors.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Assists customers with equipment set-up and demonstrates as necessary.
- Ensures stock transfers and backorders are promptly and accurately completed.
- Ensures subordinate complaints, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
- Consults with Human Resources on personnel issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in welding industry and/or sales (preferably both).
- Ability to perform heavy work -- routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs.; duties may include prolonged standing (up to 8 hours), sitting (up to 3 hours), frequent bending, twisting, and reaching (up to 4 hours), and occasional climbing on stairs, ladders, or trucks (up to 2 hours).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information on orders.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety data sheets (SDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours necessary to meet customer and management expectations and respond after normal work hours when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college work or degree preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented to complete approximately 2 hours of paperwork each day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- If internal, must not have written disciplinary issues within last 6 months.
- If internal, must be in present position for at least 6 months (if non-exempt) or 12 months (if exempt or part-time) to be eligible to apply.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Familiarity with SAP, DOT, and FDA regulations and filling process for compressed gases.