Do you have an Ag or Business degree? Do you possess at least five years’ experience in agriculture with a proven track record in Ag retail or distribution management? Do you have at least three years’ experience managing high-performing sales teams? Are you a strong leader focused on Talent Development? If you said yes to these questions, consider a career with Wilbur-Ellis!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Branch Manager role provides leadership, talent management and sales goals achievement for the agriculture services branch at our Three Rivers, MI location. The primary function for this role is the effective management and development of talent, business plan development for sales and profit growth, oversight of key accounts and operation of a safe and productive work environment. Effectiveness includes building and establishing collaborative relationships with key support functions to include: EH&S, HR, Business Processes and Customer Financial Services. Critical to the position is the ability to champion, implement and use change for continuation and longevity of branch business.
Key Skills and Attributes include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Agriculture or Business related field if preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in the agriculture business with a demonstrated track record in Ag retail or distribution management and financial goal achievement
- Minimum three years’ experience managing high-performing sales teams required
Key Personal Attributes include:
- Professionalism and accountability are essential to success in the role
- Proven ability to effect change and to lead and influence for attainment of branch and Company goals is important
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with peers, subordinates, management and functional support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively delegate and prioritize for goal achievement of multiple projects, initiatives and directives
- Ability to work autonomously is important
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Manage branch operations to achieve Wilbur-Ellis Company goals in regards to financial results
- Provide strong leadership in recruiting, mentoring and retaining key employees
- Develop annual business plans that optimize growth and profitability for the branch
- Partner with Area Manager to drive corporate strategies, initiatives, objectives, and action plans
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with support resources to ensure compliance with Wilbur-Ellis safety, regulatory, Customer Financial Services (CFS), Human Resources and other policies and procedures
- Champion, implement, use and manage programs to establish Wilbur-Ellis as a leading provider of agronomic products within the Branch sales area, including using the most advanced crop production technology with the goal of maximizing our customers’ return on investment
- Utilize operations support resources including Fertilizer, Value Added Nutrition, branded products, Seed and PPP purchasing to maximize sales opportunities with grower customers.
- Responsibility for the budgeting, forecasting, analysis and communication of the financial performance objectives for the branch
- Responsibility for implementing and following credit policies and managing credit risk for the Company in partnership with CFS staff
- Implement marketing and sales plans, establish and meet sales & gross margin goals, and network with suppliers and industry representatives to expand market opportunities
- Through the sales staff identify key grower customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions to meet needs with appropriate sales solutions executable through the sales staff and the branch manager where appropriate
- Utilize the VIP program and Talent Management systems to establish measurable and challenging goals for sales and branch personnel to support business strategies
- Estimate 20-30% of time will be spent performing sales duties with Key Account Customers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Opportunity to earn a performance based bonus
- All applicable company benefits including a company vehicle
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.
5 years:Experience in the Agriculture or Business related field managing high-performing sales teams.