Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Division Manager, this position is responsible for management and financial, sales and operations of the Branch. The Branch Manager implements and maintains Nutrien Ag Solution’s reputation as a strong leader of Agriculture Inputs in the industry.
What you will do:
- Develops, implements and manages the Branch business plan and operating budget, including operating, financial and sales objectives
- Directs all aspects and daily operations of the facility to ensure safety, efficiency and profitability
- Reviews and analyzes progress towards the achievement of sales forecasts and operational objectives on a regular basis, and initiates action as required
- Manages and responsible for sales forecasts and expected final results
- Defines level of service consistent with sales volume and profit margins
- Responsible for all aspects of human resource management within the Branch including hiring, promoting, performance management, coaching and discharging within company policy and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for managing within and implementing the terms and conditions of the collective agreement(s), where applicable
- Provide for effective staff development and training of Branch.
- Responsible for the record keeping functions in recording sales and monies received, in maintaining inventory records, in requisitioning supplies in accordance to sales projections and movement of product within the market area
- Manages all aspects of physical resources including maintenance and repair, compliance with industry and Nutrien Ag Solutions’ regulations and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment at the Branch
- Responsible for retailaudits
- Manages and responsible for inventory quantity and quality to ensure Branch will meet sales commitments and end-use customer programs
- Analyses capital requirements and provides recommendations regarding capital budget needs
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, division management and other appropriate industry personnel to promote Nutrien Ag Solutions’ products and services
- Responsible for and manages all invoicing and accounts receivable in accordance with company policy
- Develops and implements a collection process as required
- Continued education on the development of agricultural products/practices
- Performs other duties as required
What you will bring:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with the ability to lead and influence
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- 5 years of progressively responsibleexperience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function - equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Ag Business, with a track record in sales, marketing, or branch management
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract