The BP&A Senior Analyst will support the analytical and reporting needs of USCCB’s NAM CBSU group. This will be accomplished through providing in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Typical analytical objectives include: issue identification, changes and trends in the data; identify and prioritize business improvement action items; measure the financial impact of business changes. Present findings to the operations team
• Create supplemental ad hoc reporting in support of performance management and operations
• Conduct in-depth analysis of performance versus business goals utilizing various data sources
• Understanding and applying basics of project management (as required) to include: developing project initiation/requirements documentation, developing and managing project plans, developing resource support plan and obtaining resources, managing all project communications, risks, issues logs and contingency planning
• Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
• Directly affecting the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services
• Bachelor’s degree in a financial services related field required
or equivalent relevant work experiencerequired
• 5+ years of reporting experience with emphasis on performance reporting and analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint are required
• Strong working knowledge of SQL is required
• Creative thinking to formulate and test hypotheses using data is required
• Ability to work independently and effectively in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to lead key initiatives/own projects
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing, analytic, time management, problem-solving, business knowledge, decision-making and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive new initiatives and proof of concepts with stakeholders, with the ability to assess requirements and establish timelines for each analysis project.
• Proven ability to quickly create mock-ups, management reports, strategy slide decks, dashboards or advanced visualizations that tell a coherent story.
• Strong risk management background in working with data for financial services companies, is preferred.
• Experience working with large amounts of disparate data and working with data models
• Knowledge of data mining / predictive modeling tools such as SAS, SPSS, etc. is a plus.
• Strong familiarity and experience with data mining which includes data quality assessments, variable creation and selection.
- Job ID: 17077405