Bosch eBike Systems provides a high-quality drive system for pedal-assist eBikes. The Bosch eBike drive system consists of a drive unit (motor and electronics), a battery and a smart and intuitive cycle computer. In Europe, more than 70 leading bicycle brands rely on the eBike system made by Bosch. In 2019, over 30 world-class brands will offer eBikes epowered by Bosch in the North American market. Bosch eBike Systems is a part of the international Bosch Group. Additional information is available online at www.bosch-eBike.us.
Bosch eBike Systems, a market leading company for pedal-assist electric bike (eBike) drivetrain components in Europe, is growing quickly in North America as more bicycle brands sell eBikes "epowered by Bosch". Your role is to direct the strategic marketing activities of the Bosch eBike Systems in North America including brand- and product-communication strategy, digital marketing and public relations programs, fairs/events/sponsoring, advocacy activities, product management and business development.
You will work on a diverse international team with highly motivated people and travel occasionally to attend bike-related events and conferences throughout North America. Your success will be measured by the quality and impact of the marketing projects you manage, especially impact on overall Bosch brand awareness.
- Lead, manage and develop the marketing team - provide strategic direction and overall guidance
- Manage and approve all strategic marketing topics and ensure compliance of marketing activities with Bosch brand positioning requirements and communication strategy
- Effectively interface with and influence global marketing organization; leverage the worldwide knowhow to offer region specific, taylored, superior marketing solutions.
- Develop quantitative & qualitative analysis-based recommendations for Exec. Team of new strategic markets to enter to drive growth.
- Own the overall strategy process - conduct market, competitor and trend analysis as basis for strategy update
- Manage the overall communication strategy – ensure position of Bosch as a dominant eBike system brand in North America via public relations campaigns, live end-consumer events, partnerships with premium brands and sponsorships
- Derive regional strategies and manage business field portfolio – create and execute a yearly marketing plan in cooperation with our PR agency
- Drive business development activities including institutional marketing projects and co-marketing activities
- Support lobby & advocacy activities in cooperation with external associations - help steer eBike outreach to policymakers as active contributor to national eBike advocacy committee
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field,
- At least 5 yrs of experience in a leadership role in marketing, and/or business development functions with high degree of customer orientation.
- A minimum of 5 years of budget responsibility.
- Masters Degree
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the outdoor/micro-mobility/bike industry
- Previous assignment or involvement with other functions such as controlling, logistics, engineering
- Strong analytical skills & ability to turn data analysis into business-impacting action
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team with a high degree of personal responsibility and can confidently deal with complexity.
- Excellent communication skills and can easily portray complex issues and convey them to non-experts.
- Enthusiastic and skilled cyclist