Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager, plans, directs, and coordinates the daily activities of book print, quality control, and mail-out. Plans and establishes procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements. Assists in the preparation of plans to ensure that the Facility recruits a sufficient number of additional temporary and seasonal employees to meet fluctuating workload requirements, particularly during the peak season. Assures that a sufficient inventory of passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Reviews production reports. The incumbent must resolve all administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of these processing functions in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
- Responsible for hiring, reviewing, and termination of contract supervisors and employees.
- Effect smooth transition of work between the various processing sections.
- Responsible for keeping Operations Manager informed of processing issues and operations concerns.
- Resolve all administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of these processing functions in order to assure timely issuance of passports and to meet Department of State goals.
- Maintains constant oversight of passport books, foils, and ribbons to include inventories, deliveries, and daily assignments.
- Develops work assignments and ensures that all subordinate Supervisors are informed of changes in law, regulations, policy, and procedures affecting their work and such changes are understood and implemented.
- Trains supervisors in work procedures, regulations, and other passport issues and reviews work of team members.
- Interprets policies, procedures, and goals of the organization for assigned staff.
- Responsive to employees issues and helps to build team morale and cohesiveness.
- Makes recommendations regarding staffing on all contract personnel.
- Effectively communicates with all section managers and takes initiative in addressing procedure revisions, personnel issues, and workflow problems.
- Evaluates and audits employees’ production for quality and quantity.
- Facilitates quality improvement programs and ensures customer service levels are met or exceeded.
- Compiles and develops management reports on performance and trends in production utilizing PC skills.
- Verifies adherence to all DoS and Facility security regulations.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in a related field such as Business Administration or Management.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of progressive management experience in a tangible goods production environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an environment involving PC hardware and software, including LANs and WANs.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in staffing a seasonal/temporary work force.
- Minimum five (5) years office experience including ten (10) years supervisory experience of four (4) or more people.
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use.