Responsible for the supervision of bond production, underwriting activities and management functions. Oversees the acceptance, declination and rating of risks. Responsible for meeting profitability goals within assigned region. Works in conjunction with the SBU to ensure the proper underwriting of new and renewal surety and fidelity business. Establishes and develops agency relationships for new marketing opportunities in all bond product lines. Reviews and determines appropriate underwriting business decisions within assigned region. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate for this position would reside in Arizona or Colorado.
- Markets to agency force, establishing and developing solid agency relationships. Conducts underwriting meetings. Mediates issues between agents, insured’s, and other departments. Provides exceptional customer service.
- Evaluates new business and renewal submissions from underwriting staff to determine appropriateness. Underwrites accounts that exceed field authority. Prepares and submits concise, fully-developed underwriting recommendations, as required, for submission to management.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors activities of staff to ensure accurate, quality work, while maintaining high production standards.
- Monitors and ensures the achievement of the region’s profitability goals and keeps abreast of current market conditions that affect business levels.
- Uses bond system automation and enhancements to improve efficiencies within assigned region.
- Supervises the training and cross-training process of subordinate staff. Ensures that agency force is adequately trained and supported on the use of company systems.
- Educates and assists AMS staff with bond production to produce cross-sell opportunities and new leverage points with agency plant. Communicates with regional management and other underwriting business units about marketing activities, successes and issues.
- Broad knowledge of surety & fidelity underwriting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/peers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- College degree in financial-related area such as accounting, finance, business administration, or marketing preferred.
- 5+ years of bond underwriting or similar experience in another surety company.
- AFSB, AU, CPCU preferred.
Job ID 5605