BCBA – Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Los Angeles)
Special Needs Network, Inc. (SNN) is a nonprofit grassroots organization responding to the crisis of autism and other developmental disabilities in underserved communities. Our long list of programs and campaigns address issues from both a top-down approach -- by changing government legislation; and bottom-up -- by collaborating directly with parents, caretakers, and healthcare professionals who work with children with developmental disabilities.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst Summary:
-Interview Staff and/or family members who know the individual served well before development of the plan to get background and preliminary information.
* Analyze available data to help determine where, when, and why problem behaviors occur.
* Directly observe the individual served in all relevant settings. Analyze the data to determine the function of the problem behavior.
* Define all target behaviors in objective and measurable terms and design an appropriate data collection system to measure the target behaviors.
* Integrate appropriate setting event, antecedent, teaching, and consequences strategies to reduce problem behavior and increase alternative replacement behaviors.
* Ensure the behavior support plan addresses the function of the problem behavior.
* Train staff and/or family members directly ( i.e., in person, with opportunities for questions, discussion, etc. ) on the implementation of the behavior support plan
* Monitor the individual’s behavior data and provide descriptive progress notes on a monthly basis.
* Conduct treatment fidelity assessments to ensure proper implementation of the behavior support plan.
* If the intervention has not produced substantial progress toward the intended goal within 90 days, analyze the potential barriers to implementation and/or change the behavior support plan if necessary.
* Review behavior data, meet and discuss with the appropriate staff member any discrepancies noted on the behavior data (e.g. lack of documentation, inappropriate restrictions or lack of appropriate consequences; situations in which the current behavior program or treatment approach were not followed appropriately also, check each report to ensure that time, date, signatures, are correct).
* Attend team meetings.
• Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification required.
• Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in early childhood education/development, early childhood special education, special education, or psychology.
• Two (2) years of professional experienceworking with children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
• Knowledgeable of evidence-based practices and scientifically-validated methodologies and approaches found to benefit children with ASD; familiar with current research findings.
• Familiar with the field and approaches of early intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
• Competent in employing and directing behavior analytic methodologies.
• Strong clinical, administrative, and leadership skills; customer service orientated and professional.
• Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Must relate well to children and their families.
•Very good working knowledge in all applicable computer programs (Microsoft Office).
• Valid CPR certification.
• Ability to pass background/fingerprint clearance, health screenings and provide/obtain immunizations.
• Reliable transportation, proof of valid California driver's license, safe driving record, proper auto insurance and vehicle registration. Some travelrequired in assigned area.
• Requiredexperience must include at least one yearexperience completing comprehensive functional assessments and behavior support plans.
Benefits Package (Full time employees):
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick time
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness*
• Mileage reimbursement and paid drive time
• Company Laptop
• Growth Opportunities
*as approved by Office of the US Department ofEducation
Job Type: Full-time